Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 22nd Sep 16, 6:29 PM
    • 2,003Posts
    • 2,015Thanks
    LadyDee
    Help with PDF document please.
    • 22nd Sep 16, 6:29 PM
    Help with PDF document please. 22nd Sep 16 at 6:29 PM
    I have to complete a document sent to me which is in PDF form.

Although I have saved this document, clicked on Fill & Sign, and get a message that it is a fillable document, I can't type anything into the document.

Any help gratefully received.
Page 1
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 22nd Sep 16, 8:36 PM
    • 2,003 Posts
    • 2,015 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:36 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:36 PM
    Anybody? Please!!!
    • buglawton
    • By buglawton 22nd Sep 16, 8:43 PM
    • 6,385 Posts
    • 2,656 Thanks
    buglawton
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:43 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:43 PM
    If the form is nothing personal can you post a link to it or something?
    Lack of answers may be because this is a 'how long is a piece of string' question.

Anyway are you opening it in Adobe PDF Reader or do you have another PDF reader as your default.
    Got a fur sink. An electric dog polisher. A gasoline powered turtleneck sweater. And, of course, I bought some dumb stuff, too. –Steve Martin
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 22nd Sep 16, 8:45 PM
    • 7,729 Posts
    • 5,851 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:45 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:45 PM
    you need to tell folks what you are using windows/iThing/android and which version of said you are using....
    The faceless forum team said
    I'm afraid we had to remove your signature. It was felt that it could be upsetting to other users who had a stroke.
    But removing said signature upsets someone who has had one, ergo yours truly, and has still never received an explanation as to who felt it could be upsetting and why...Let alone the terrible grammar
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 22nd Sep 16, 9:00 PM
    • 2,003 Posts
    • 2,015 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:00 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:00 PM
    you need to tell folks what you are using windows/iThing/android and which version of said you are using....
    Originally posted by debitcardmayhem
    Sorry, didn't realise. Windows 7. I've opened it in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (this is the default and there's no alternative suggested). I then click on the Edit & Fill where it says it's a fillable document, but I can't input anything.
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 22nd Sep 16, 9:02 PM
    • 2,003 Posts
    • 2,015 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:02 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:02 PM
    If the form is nothing personal can you post a link to it or something?
    Lack of answers may be because this is a 'how long is a piece of string' question.

Anyway are you opening it in Adobe PDF Reader or do you have another PDF reader as your default.
    Originally posted by buglawton
    Thank you, but it's a document which I'd rather not post here, and yes Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
    • buglawton
    • By buglawton 22nd Sep 16, 10:09 PM
    • 6,385 Posts
    • 2,656 Thanks
    buglawton
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:09 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:09 PM
    It could easily be a mistake by the supplier of the form. Ask them.
    Got a fur sink. An electric dog polisher. A gasoline powered turtleneck sweater. And, of course, I bought some dumb stuff, too. –Steve Martin
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 22nd Sep 16, 10:21 PM
    • 7,729 Posts
    • 5,851 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:21 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:21 PM
    perhaps print fill out and post it , or scan it and email it
    or ask for it to be sent using word format
    The faceless forum team said
    I'm afraid we had to remove your signature. It was felt that it could be upsetting to other users who had a stroke.
    But removing said signature upsets someone who has had one, ergo yours truly, and has still never received an explanation as to who felt it could be upsetting and why...Let alone the terrible grammar
    • Cisco001
    • By Cisco001 23rd Sep 16, 12:00 PM
    • 2,392 Posts
    • 1,015 Thanks
    Cisco001
    • 23rd Sep 16, 12:00 PM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 12:00 PM
    My adobe reader has a comment tab on the right.
    You can add text comment.

Or go to website like jpg2pdf.com, convert pdf to jpg

Open .jpg with paint. Add text.

Convert .jpg back to pdf
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 23rd Sep 16, 5:43 PM
    • 2,003 Posts
    • 2,015 Thanks
    LadyDee
    The solution has been found - there was an incompatibility issue with the latest version of Adobe Reader DC. Uninstalled it and re-installed the earlier version 10.0.01.

Thanks for your suggestions, and hope this might help anybody who experiences similar problems.

(Buglawton did say it could be a mistake in the form and that's right really if they havent tested it with the latest version of Adobe Reader).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

358Posts Today

3,842Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • If you know you're bust you must declare it asap. So no firm ever says "yes we plan to go insolvent". So you never? https://t.co/w8aIKOqHzq

• Some people misreading... it's NOT the rumours of insolvency of the Monarchy! Its Monarch airlines (again tho I've no idea of its validity)

• Also re #monarchinsolvency rumours it's important to state Monarch are firmly denying it... https://t.co/N27MENRjY9

• Follow Martin