Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • greggiea
    • By greggiea 22nd Sep 16, 6:17 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    greggiea
    Totally Confused
    • 22nd Sep 16, 6:17 PM
    Totally Confused 22nd Sep 16 at 6:17 PM
    Hello

Sorry to sound or be thick but having read the Newbie site I still have no idea which Appeal letter to use?

This is my 2nd fine (within 2 weeks of each other) and I rushed into the 1st with an appeal and still waiting to hear back, however I want to do the 2nd one correctly.

Its with Parking Eye - Parking Charge Notice - No reason for fine and they do not know the driver?

What shall I do now?

Please be gentle with me!
Page 1
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 22nd Sep 16, 6:41 PM
    • 5,932 Posts
    • 5,773 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 22nd Sep 16, 6:41 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 6:41 PM
    You need to use the blue, BPA letter to get yourself a POPLA code - the other, It's letter is quite irrelevant

And if you still think these are fines, you should read it again, carefully!
    • greggiea
    • By greggiea 22nd Sep 16, 6:56 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    greggiea
    • 22nd Sep 16, 6:56 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 6:56 PM
    What do you mean, if I think its a fine?
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 22nd Sep 16, 7:00 PM
    • 4,308 Posts
    • 3,691 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:00 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:00 PM
    What do you mean, if I think its a fine?
    Originally posted by greggiea

are parking eye a government agency?

clue , they are a private company that has sent you a begging letter
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • greggiea
    • By greggiea 22nd Sep 16, 7:02 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    greggiea
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:02 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:02 PM
    Ah ok thanks x
    • Northlakes
    • By Northlakes 22nd Sep 16, 7:04 PM
    • 735 Posts
    • 977 Thanks
    Northlakes
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:04 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:04 PM
    It's an invoice (not a fine) for infringing their made up rules.
    If you don't do as we say we charge you 100.

It clear to the motorist and you agree to this when reading the signs!

Yes it's unfair, but we live in a country where money rules OK.
    • DollyDee
    • By DollyDee 22nd Sep 16, 7:13 PM
    • 503 Posts
    • 498 Thanks
    DollyDee
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:13 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:13 PM
    Private parking companies cannot fine you. They issue speculative invoices which you can appeal. Parkingeye are members of BPA (British Parking Assocation) AOS (Approved Operator Scheme) so send the blue template letter from the NEWBIES Sticky as your appeal as per the instructions on the PCN (Parking Charge Notice). Submit it online and take a screenshot as proof. Do not add anything to it, do not admit who was driving. Your appeal will most likely be rejected (99.9%) and you will be supplied with a POPLA Code where you submit a detailed appeal. Research recent PE appeals.

Not sure what day you have to submit your first appeal - day 25/26?

Experts on the forum will confirm.
    • DollyDee
    • By DollyDee 22nd Sep 16, 7:14 PM
    • 503 Posts
    • 498 Thanks
    DollyDee
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:14 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:14 PM
    I'm on holiday and Wi-Fi is not great so I have cross-posted with several others - Sorry, I had a go.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 22nd Sep 16, 10:24 PM
    • 10,259 Posts
    • 15,118 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:24 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:24 PM
    I'm on holiday and Wi-Fi is not great so I have cross-posted with several others - Sorry, I had a go.
    Originally posted by DollyDee
    You ought to try dial-up broadband over in Umkomaas!
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • greggiea
    • By greggiea 24th Sep 16, 5:48 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    greggiea
    I have received a response to the 1st Appeal I did to them (I used the forum Blue template)

I have received a Parking Charge Notice Reminder saying I have until Monday to pay the reduced fee of 60 or it goes to 100.

At the bottom of the fine it states that on 4th November 2015 the Supreme Court dismissed the further appeal lodged by Beavid UKSC 67. It states the Supreme Court awarded Parking eye their owed fine?

What do I do now?

Thanks
    • LoveNorfolk
    • By LoveNorfolk 24th Sep 16, 5:54 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 142 Thanks
    LoveNorfolk
    I had the same with one my parents had, they have 35 days to give a accept or reject on an appeal. PE didn't give a reply so I complained to the BPA (See thread by me - Parking Eye confused, you can find it by clicking my name, statistics, threads by me - for more info), the BPA finally said in an email that PE had rejected the appeal and were issuing a PoPLA code, over a week now and we still don't even had that. Have you had a begging letter from PE asking you to name the driver? They try to use that as an excuse to drag out the appeal. Still don't pay it, I'd complain to the BPA and send PE a nice email denying the debt and asking for the appeal result thank you very much.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 24th Sep 16, 6:40 PM
    • 35,413 Posts
    • 71,430 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    I have received a response to the 1st Appeal I did to them (I used the forum Blue template)

I have received a Parking Charge Notice Reminder saying I have until Monday to pay the reduced fee of 60 or it goes to 100.

At the bottom of the fine it states that on 4th November 2015 the Supreme Court dismissed the further appeal lodged by Beavid UKSC 67. It states the Supreme Court awarded Parking eye their owed fine?

What do I do now?

Thanks
    If 35 days have not yet passed since you appealed, you wait until it has. If you get a PoPLA code you use it. If you don't get a PoPLA code or rejection after 35 days, you complain to the BPA and DVLA.

You also need to read and reread the NEWBIES thread as I believe all your questions are already answered there.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; Yesterday at 6:43 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • greggiea
    • By greggiea 24th Sep 16, 6:55 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    greggiea
    Thank you Fruit cake for your reply however having seen and read the Newbie forum its vast and confusing hence my own thread.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 24th Sep 16, 7:57 PM
    • 35,413 Posts
    • 71,430 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Thank you Fruit cake for your reply however having seen and read the Newbie forum its vast and confusing hence my own thread.
    You don't need to read it all at this stage. You don't need to look at anything at all to do with the IPC or IAS, and you are nowhere near toothless debt collector nor are you anywhere near the court stage, so don't worry about that at the moment. Court only comes if you fail to win at PoPLA, so that is where you concentrate your efforts once you have your codes.

You are at the initial appeal stage. One appeal for each PCN.

Once you get a PoPLA code you start researching your PoPLA defence. If you don't get a code you complain to the BPA until you do get one.

Break every thing up into chunks rather than trying to read and understand it all in one go.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Sep 16, 8:05 PM
    • 38,201 Posts
    • 49,665 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Sorry...vast?!

There are just two template appeals in it. Hardly difficult to understand.
    PCN in a private car park in England/Wales? DON'T PAY IT BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

USE THE 'FORUM JUMP' ON RIGHT, GO TO THE PARKING TICKETS FORUM. READ THE 'NEWBIES' THREAD.
    Do NOT read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

240Posts Today

1,398Users online

Martin's Twitter