Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kshah786
    • By Kshah786 22nd Sep 16, 6:13 PM
    • 28Posts
    • 10Thanks
    Kshah786
    Park Watch Parking Charge Notice newbie help needed
    • 22nd Sep 16, 6:13 PM
    Park Watch Parking Charge Notice newbie help needed 22nd Sep 16 at 6:13 PM
    Hi all at MSE.
    I have just got back from tesco's coventry. I have been given a parking charge for parking on cross hatchings..i was not there for long. Its a £100 fine but if paid in 2 weeks its £60.
    It says "the vehicle was parked on private property in contravention of the site parking restrictions as displayed on the signage or permit"

I would like some help/advice on where i stand. I have had a ticket from another private parking company before and just ignored them. 6 months later they stopped bothering.

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Sep 16, 7:14 PM
    • 40,565 Posts
    • 52,450 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:14 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:14 PM
    It is not a fine. It is an unfair invoice from a private firm of ex-clampers, for their own scummy profit.

Why do you need advice - have you missed reading 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST'? If so, read it please then come back.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Kshah786
    • By Kshah786 22nd Sep 16, 7:15 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Kshah786
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:15 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:15 PM
    Hi . I have read the newbies post but i have no idea what PPC is or NTK etc. All i have found out is Park Watch is linked to BPA. I would really appreciate anyones input. This is my first post and I can't afford to pay a £60 fine
    • Kshah786
    • By Kshah786 22nd Sep 16, 7:17 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Kshah786
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:17 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:17 PM
    In the past i have ignored a pcn from a local pub. After a few months they never bothered. However this was at tescos. Maybe a bit more serious company.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Sep 16, 7:33 PM
    • 40,565 Posts
    • 52,450 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:33 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:33 PM
    Hi . I have read the newbies post but i have no idea what PPC is or NTK etc.
    Originally posted by Kshah786
    That's because you haven't read post #2 of the thread...where all acronyms are explained.

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.

• Kshah786
    • By Kshah786 22nd Sep 16, 8:15 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Kshah786
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:15 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:15 PM
    Coupon-mad : my only concern i have is that i had parked on cross hatchings however other appeals have been for overstaying or parking in unloading bays etc. How shall i go about this. Thanks in advance.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Sep 16, 8:36 PM
    • 40,565 Posts
    • 52,450 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:36 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:36 PM
    Makes no difference what the 'ticket' is for - that's irrelevant.

You need to understand the entire point is merely to appeal at the right time as the keeper, without saying who was driving.

• Kshah786
    • By Kshah786 22nd Sep 16, 8:57 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Kshah786
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:57 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:57 PM
    So shall i wait for the NTK before i appeal.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Sep 16, 8:58 PM
    • 40,565 Posts
    • 52,450 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:58 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:58 PM
    No, that's not the advice there which specifically gives you a date to appeal.

• Kshah786
    • By Kshah786 23rd Sep 16, 5:13 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Kshah786
    Sorry im now a bit confused. It says on he newbie forum to wait 3 weeks. So shall i wait 3 weeks.? Thanks again
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 23rd Sep 16, 9:46 AM
    • 40,565 Posts
    • 52,450 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    That's what I meant. The advice tells you when to appeal.

Some of these threads right now feel almost like a joke. The NEWBIES thread says what to do and when. There is no need to come back here and repeat it and ask again and we have no time - which is why the NEWBIE thread is there.

• Kshah786
    • By Kshah786 23rd Sep 16, 4:37 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Kshah786
    I apologise for my lack of forum intelligence
    • Kshah786
    • By Kshah786 14th Oct 16, 12:15 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Kshah786
    Hi all. Just an update. I have still not received my NTK yet. How long have they got to send me one before POFA
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Oct 16, 12:54 PM
    • 40,565 Posts
    • 52,450 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    We hope they won't send one - you are waiting for something that may never come - that's the point of appealing around day 25, to make them forget to move on to any NTK.

Then they have to reply to your appeal by November sometime, ages yet. Just make sure you appeal as explained in the NEWBIES thread at the right time.

• Kshah786
    • By Kshah786 15th Oct 16, 12:06 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Kshah786
    Thanks. So even though i havent received my NTK will i still have to appeal or i just ignore it.

If i do have to appeal what is my approach if I haven't recieved my NTK at all.
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 15th Oct 16, 6:27 PM
    • 2,248 Posts
    • 2,731 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    please read the post by CM ... its right up above yours .....

if you are browsing using a phone ... things will be easier if you use a PC / laptop

the first appeal should be easy .... its in the newbie thread .... all you have to do is copy it ......... you wait until the time given ....

you do not ignore !

Ralph
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 15th Oct 16, 7:00 PM
    • 36,470 Posts
    • 73,306 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Thanks. So even though i havent received my NTK will i still have to appeal or i just ignore it.

If i do have to appeal what is my approach if I haven't recieved my NTK at all.
    Originally posted by Kshah786
    You don't want the NTK to ever arrive so that you get a winning appeal point at PoPLA.

The NEWBIES thread tells you to appeal, how to appeal (the appeal is actually written for you) and when to appeal.
    It also tells you why to appeal around week three. The nearer to day 28 the better, but do not miss the appeal deadline. Day 26 online is ideal. If online option is not offered, then day 22 by post from a Post Office, first class and get a free proof of posting.

You must be very close to the date you should be appealing. Don't miss the opportunity.
    This information really is given in the NEWBIES thread. Please take the time to read it, re-read it, digest it, and follow the tried and tested process.

The advice to ignore has not been given on this site since the law changed in 2012.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 15-10-2016 at 7:03 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Kshah786
    • By Kshah786 18th Oct 16, 4:10 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Kshah786
    Thanks guys. I have just sent my appeal. Now to wait.
    • Kshah786
    • By Kshah786 21st Oct 16, 2:55 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Kshah786
    Hi all. Just received my reply from Parkwatch. Unfortunately its a Refusal of appeal however they are saying they will persue the registered keeper. What can i do now.

Parking Charge Notice: Ref 0000XXX
    VRM: NX09XXX
    Issue Reason: Parking on cross hatching
    Dear Mr Shah,
    After reviewing the information provided within your appeal letter and the photographic evidence that was
    taken in support of the issued PCN, and although we have taken into consideration the mitigation that you
    have provided we have decided that the parking charge was correctly issued for failing to comply with the
    parking conditions at the Arena Shopping Park, Coventry, CV6 6AS that are clearly displayed throughout this
    location. The area in which you parked your vehicle is not a designated parking bay.
    Please note, if the driver is not identified by the registered keeper within 28 days of their reminder notice, the
    registered keeper will be pursed for the parking charge notice.
    You now have a number of options;
    1. Pay the Parking Charge Notice at the prevailing price of £60.00 within 14 days. Please note that after
    this time the Parking Charge Notice will rise to £100.00
    2. You have now reached the end of our internal appeals procedure; however, you have the right to
    make an appeal to POPLA – The Independent Appeals Service at popla.co.uk. Please be advised that if
    you opt for independent arbitration of your case, the Parking Charge Notice will increase to £100.00
    should the case be decided in our favour. Please quote verification number 3312956XXX.Note: you
    have 28 days in which to appeal to POPLA from the date of this letter. By law we are also required to
    inform you that Ombudsman Services (www.ombudsman-services.org/)provides an alternative
    dispute resolution service that would be competent to deal with your appeal. However, we have not
    chosen to participate in their alternative dispute resolution service. As such should you wish to appeal
    then you must do so to POPLA, as explained above.
    3. If you choose to ignore this letter we will seek to recover the monies owed to us via our debt recovery
    procedures and may proceed with Court action against you.
    Yours Sincerely
    Appeals Coordinator
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Oct 16, 4:54 PM
    • 40,565 Posts
    • 52,450 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    What do you think is the next step, having read the NEWBIES thread?

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

993Posts Today

5,027Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • PPI deadline decision's just been delayed until first quarter of 2017, it was due this year. For free help now go to https://t.co/EqDQvgRZ2K

• RT @juliegroves49: @GMB @MartinSLewis thanks got my soap & glory glam sets which was half price at boots today thanks or all the tips xmas?

• RT @ckrd: @MartinSLewis Just bagged my Soap and Glory Set £30.00 instead of £60, thanks for the reminder in your email. Another one off the?

• Follow Martin