Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jennycalc
    • By jennycalc 22nd Sep 16, 5:56 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 3Thanks
    jennycalc
    CPP site 'error'
    • 22nd Sep 16, 5:56 PM
    CPP site 'error' 22nd Sep 16 at 5:56 PM
    Hi there,

I received a 'parking notice' from CPP whilst parked at the university where I work, which I have a permit for, but stupidly wasn't displaying the permit at the time. Pretty frustrating.

I'm obviously going to appeal it. I've written my letter, gathered my evidence, went on the site and clicked the 'Appeal' button on my case, and I get an error page:

Error

An error has occurred. Please try again later.

Pretty convenient that isn't it?! The payment and 'view evidence' links work just fine!

Now partly because I'm lazy and partly because I hate snail mail, I'm reluctant to appeal this by letter. I could keep checking to see if the error gets resolved, but the clock is ticking and my anxiety levels will be through the roof by the time the weekend is over. I can't find any contact details other than the address and or their automated phone number for payments.

Has anyone else come across this, or have any idea how they can be contacted other than by snail mail? Or indeed, where do you think I stand in terms of my 'rights', assuming this 'error' persists?

Thanks,

Jen (newbie. Yes I've read the thread, please be gentle)
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 22nd Sep 16, 6:04 PM
    • 3,583 Posts
    • 3,973 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 22nd Sep 16, 6:04 PM
    Hi there,

I received a 'parking notice' from CPP whilst parked at the university where I work, which I have a permit for, but stupidly wasn't displaying the permit at the time. Pretty frustrating.

I'm obviously going to appeal it. I've written my letter, gathered my evidence, went on the site and clicked the 'Appeal' button on my case, and I get an error page:

Error

An error has occurred. Please try again later.

Pretty convenient that isn't it?! The payment and 'view evidence' links work just fine!

Now partly because I'm lazy and partly because I hate snail mail, I'm reluctant to appeal this by letter. I could keep checking to see if the error gets resolved, but the clock is ticking and my anxiety levels will be through the roof by the time the weekend is over. I can't find any contact details other than the address and or their automated phone number for payments.

Has anyone else come across this, or have any idea how they can be contacted other than by snail mail? Or indeed, where do you think I stand in terms of my 'rights', assuming this 'error' persists?

Thanks,

Jen (newbie. Yes I've read the thread, please be gentle)
    Originally posted by jennycalc
    Being lazy could cost you money. ..... wake up time for you
    If it's snail mail then send it.

You should also capture screen shots of the error.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 22nd Sep 16, 6:04 PM
    • 35,456 Posts
    • 71,509 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Some parking companies have a character limit on their websites, so you may have exceeded it.

Anyway, did you use the tried and tested BPA appeal template in blue from the Sticky thread for NEWBIES, or did you write an appeal that gives away the driver's details? If the latter, then you are fortunate to have failed.

Please have a good read of the NEWBIES thread before you proceed.

If you want/need to send an appeal by post, do it from a Post Office, send it first class and obtain a free certificate of posting, but you should preferably use the method stated on the PCN. Don't 'phone them if you can't use the online system though.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Sep 16, 7:00 PM
    • 38,305 Posts
    • 49,774 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:00 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:00 PM
    I reckon try again tomorrow or later - of course making sure you are not saying anything like 'I have a permit' because that implies you might have been driving.

Also don't appeal too early - the NEWBIES thread recommends waiting till around day 25 because that makes it more like the registered keeper (not driver) appellant will never be sent a NTK in the post, then the keeper can win at POPLA.
    PCN in a private car park in England/Wales? DON'T PAY IT BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

USE THE 'FORUM JUMP' ON RIGHT, GO TO THE PARKING TICKETS FORUM. READ THE 'NEWBIES' THREAD.
    Do NOT read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

256Posts Today

1,408Users online

Martin's Twitter