Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zelig
    • By zelig 22nd Sep 16, 5:54 PM
    • 52Posts
    • 3Thanks
    zelig
    Most Incompetent Insurance Related Companys
    • 22nd Sep 16, 5:54 PM
    Most Incompetent Insurance Related Companys 22nd Sep 16 at 5:54 PM
    Hi - I am aware that there were a few threads knocking about regarding the incompetence of Cunningham & Lyndsey - but thought I would just add my experiences to maybe help others in the future.
    I had a small house fire on 27th July and had to wait a few weeks for Cleaning company, Loss Adjusters ( C&L) and Asbestos Search? which I was happy to do. The following 2 weeks and 4 calls to C&L passed then On 16th August I had a meeting with a "Surveyor" from Lanmarc the building company booked to carry out the repairs - he told me "no problem the whole job with be done in 2 - 3 weeks (while not happy about the length of time?) I agreed.
    The thing is - my insurance company is AA who's underwriters are Legal and General who's Loss Adjusters are C&L who employed Lanmarc to do the works this now has taken 5 weeks and multitude of phone calls including my issue being escalated to "director" level (according to L&G) to recive 1) Scope of Work (some of which is still missing) and 2) Dates for starting (in another 2 weeks) and completion after 4-5 weeks (they tell me that the Windows company have to "make" the doors and windows??
    I have no idea legally where I stand - but just wanted to warn people who may recieve the same incometence as I did.

Any suggestions etc most welcome

Thanks and have a good day

Zelig
Page 1
    • BlueSmartie
    • By BlueSmartie 23rd Sep 16, 9:06 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    BlueSmartie
    • 23rd Sep 16, 9:06 AM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 9:06 AM
    Sounds like you are doing the right thing by complaining. Have you put your claim in writing? Cunningham Lindsey are by far the worst company I've ever dealt with. They misinform, lie, delay, and offer no practical help plus actually getting them to phone back is a challenge. I've been recording all calls on my mobile as it takes so long to get copies of recordings from them, and these have proved invaluable. I've caught them out many time contradicting themselves even in the same phone call and lying each blaming the other company. It's hard to accept when you know one of them is blatantly lying and you cannot trust either.

I'll never insure with Esure and never use an insurer who uses CL, so will definitely have to do research for my next insurer. Things are so bad I've set up a website (it's not live yet) but I would seriously urge anyone considering esure to go with someone else, anyone. They are completely dysfunctional at every level - plenty of reviews online of them.
    • zelig
    • By zelig 24th Sep 16, 5:54 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    zelig
    • 24th Sep 16, 5:54 PM
    • 24th Sep 16, 5:54 PM
    Thanks for commenting - I have all my phone calls etc logged on the MI Claim website. To be fair C&L do answer my calls but dont seem to do anything regarding updates etc .........Just had the Scope of Work through and starting / Ending dates which I definately will be getting in writing - Good luck with te website

Zelig
    • magpiecottage
    • By magpiecottage 25th Sep 16, 2:30 PM
    • 9,070 Posts
    • 5,543 Thanks
    magpiecottage
    • 25th Sep 16, 2:30 PM
    • 25th Sep 16, 2:30 PM
    Remember, your contract of insurance is with the insurance company. The loss adjusters are simply their agent - as is any contractor or tradesman they appoint (as opposed to getting you to find).

If you are not happy, complain to the insurance company, not the loss adjuster.
    It is a statement of fact, not an advertisement, that I investigate complaints against small firms of financial advisers for a living.

That is why I know my way around both the FCA Handbook (for financial businesses) and the Conduct of Authorised Persons Rules (for CMCs).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,943Posts Today

8,158Users online

Martin's Twitter