Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • deviousimp
    • By deviousimp 22nd Sep 16, 4:32 PM
    • 26Posts
    • 10Thanks
    deviousimp
    Nationwide
    • 22nd Sep 16, 4:32 PM
    Nationwide 22nd Sep 16 at 4:32 PM
    I've been a Nationwide current account member for about a year now. I'm a foreigner (I say this affectionately, I'm from the USA), used to be a student, and am about three weeks into my first job.

I'm finding them to be extremely generous. I got a Nationwide Select Credit Card with them about three weeks ago. I've used it pretty extensively. I did a balance transfer because I spent about 2700, mostly getting a season ticket for work, but used my HSBC card to do a balance transfer to put it down to 500 on it instead (HSBC has 32 months 0% balance transfer). Its 0% purchases for a year, and now its at about 500 for a 2900 limit. Well, I just checked my current account and they've doubled my overdraft facility to 3000, and offered an increase in my credit limit to 4000. Its only been three weeks!

Has anyone else had any other provider give them an automatic increase in limit before the first statement?!? A part of me is wondering if this is a glitch!
    Last edited by deviousimp; 22-09-2016 at 4:34 PM. Reason: Clarity
Page 1
    • aayush
    • By aayush 22nd Sep 16, 4:51 PM
    • 531 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    aayush
    • 22nd Sep 16, 4:51 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 4:51 PM
    lucky as i to been a nationwide customer for years but find now the charge me to have overdraft facility ? not sure y and may be moving soon to a bank which not do this if there one
    • SuzieSue
    • By SuzieSue 22nd Sep 16, 4:56 PM
    • 3,162 Posts
    • 3,449 Thanks
    SuzieSue
    • 22nd Sep 16, 4:56 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 4:56 PM
    I opened a current account and ISA with Nationwide a couple of months ago. At the time they asked me if I wanted a credit card with a 2,500 limit and with at 0% BT for 12 months. I said yes and a couple of weeks ago I transferred 2,375 to it. I then got a letter from them saying that they are happy to increase my credit limit to 3,000 and to ring them if I wanted them to do this which I did and then did another BT.

I was very surprised as I already have half a dozen credit card all with high balances and so my credit rating isn't great (3/5 on Noddle).
    • deviousimp
    • By deviousimp 22nd Sep 16, 5:04 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    deviousimp
    • 22nd Sep 16, 5:04 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 5:04 PM
    Its crazy. My credit isn't that great either, says its fair on Experian. I guess they can see I'll be using my card a lot! Ha!
    • harvey99
    • By harvey99 22nd Sep 16, 5:18 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    harvey99
    • 22nd Sep 16, 5:18 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 5:18 PM
    I have been a nationwide customer for about 25 years and was only given a card with 1200 credit limit! my MBNA card has a 15,000 limit.
    I guess they are trying to be a bbit more careful with the amount of credit they offer these days?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,893Posts Today

7,173Users online

Martin's Twitter