Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • williacg
    • By williacg 22nd Sep 16, 4:30 PM
    • 628Posts
    • 706Thanks
    williacg
    Recommendations: Compatible Battery for Fujitsu Siemens Battery
    • 22nd Sep 16, 4:30 PM
    Recommendations: Compatible Battery for Fujitsu Siemens Battery 22nd Sep 16 at 4:30 PM
    Hi all,

I have a second hand Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook Series S7100 laptop, and as the title says, I wondered if anyone can recommend any companies who sell compatible batteries? I used to use an Exeter company online for my Dell compatible, but they don't have any Fijitsus in stock, the original costs nearly as much as the laptop did.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Williacg
Page 1
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 22nd Sep 16, 4:40 PM
    • 1,204 Posts
    • 670 Thanks
    AndyPix
    • 22nd Sep 16, 4:40 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 4:40 PM
    Hypertech sell decent pattern batteries .
    http://www.hypertec.co.uk/contact-us/

However, they dont sell directly to the public, but if you ring them they will point you at a re-seller close to you .

DONT buy one off ebay !! It will be a terrible fake
    Running with scissors since 1978
    • williacg
    • By williacg 22nd Sep 16, 4:47 PM
    • 628 Posts
    • 706 Thanks
    williacg
    • 22nd Sep 16, 4:47 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 4:47 PM
    Hypertech sell decent pattern batteries .
    http://www.hypertec.co.uk/contact-us/

However, they dont sell directly to the public, but if you ring them they will point you at a re-seller close to you .

DONT buy one off ebay !! It will be a terrible fake
    Originally posted by AndyPix
    Hi AndyPix,

I will check hypertec out, (fingers crossed), and I will keep my distance from Ebay.

Thanks for your help
    • FunTime
    • By FunTime 22nd Sep 16, 8:27 PM
    • 288 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    FunTime
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:27 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:27 PM
    Bought a twelve cell battery for a ZG5 many years ago via a Chinese seller on eBay.. Working perfectly many years later.

If you buy the cheapest of the cheap with ludicrous three year warranties, you can hardly complain when the product doesn't live up to the description.

So I wouldn't write eBay off.

You need to use a proper filter; your brain.

What is the part number?
    • williacg
    • By williacg 22nd Sep 16, 9:47 PM
    • 628 Posts
    • 706 Thanks
    williacg
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:47 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:47 PM
    Bought a twelve cell battery for a ZG5 many years ago via a Chinese seller on eBay.. Working perfectly many years later.

If you buy the cheapest of the cheap with ludicrous three year warranties, you can hardly complain when the product doesn't live up to the description.

So I wouldn't write eBay off.

You need to use a proper filter; your brain.

What is the part number?
    Originally posted by FunTime
    Bully for you, and may you and your Chinese battery be forever happy, and I'm not sure why you are rambling on about a three year warranty for.

As for me using my brain, that is exactly why I will not be using Ebay, as I previously spent nearly 2 months having to fight to get my money back from purchasing a battery which stated in the advert it was from the UK, but was in fact from China, that didn't work - luck of the draw I guess, but I have neither the time or the inclination to suffer the same experience.

Thank you for your response, but in future, I suggest that if you cannot reply to post without being rude, then I suggest you don't bother and move on.

Night night...
    • FunTime
    • By FunTime 22nd Sep 16, 10:31 PM
    • 288 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    FunTime
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:31 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:31 PM
    Bully for you, and may you and your Chinese battery be forever happy, and I'm not sure why you are rambling on about a three year warranty for.

As for me using my brain, that is exactly why I will not be using Ebay, as I previously spent nearly 2 months having to fight to get my money back from purchasing a battery which stated in the advert it was from the UK, but was in fact from China, that didn't work - luck of the draw I guess, but I have neither the time or the inclination to suffer the same experience.

Thank you for your response, but in future, I suggest that if you cannot reply to post without being rude, then I suggest you don't bother and move on.

Night night...
    Originally posted by williacg
    What on earth are you going on about??

Rude? When exactly did that occur?

Paranoia is a serious illness.

Did you think that I was writing about you when I wrote about three year warranties and using your brain??

No...I was writing about people in general who buy batteries for £10 from eBay that state that they have a three year warranty and end up with a poorly made product from a China based seller.
    I had no idea, prior to your reply, that person was you.

My point was that I purchased a high quality product, costing more than £30 via eBay, using my brain to filter out the cheap rubbish, from the good suppliers.
    No need to avoid eBay because of a poor choice you made in the past.
    So the battery that I purchased still runs at close to full capacity to this day.

Somehow you extrapolated my information to some bad experience that you had and assumed that I was referring to you personally.

You need help.

Meanwhile, look at an eBay seller who has been around for a while(in this case 2009) with good feedback
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/gizmos8188 and who has been recommended on this forum many times.
    For example here five years ago.

Let's see if you are man enough to apologise....
    • williacg
    • By williacg 22nd Sep 16, 10:54 PM
    • 628 Posts
    • 706 Thanks
    williacg
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:54 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:54 PM
    What on earth are you going on about??

Rude? When exactly did that occur?

Paranoia is a serious illness.

Did you think that I was writing about you when I wrote about three year warranties and using your brain??

No...I was writing about people in general who buy batteries for £10 from eBay that state that they have a three year warranty and end up with a poorly made product from a China based seller.
    I had no idea, prior to your reply, that person was you.

My point was that I purchased a high quality product, costing more than £30 via eBay, using my brain to filter out the cheap rubbish, from the good suppliers.
    No need to avoid eBay because of a poor choice you made in the past.
    So the battery that I purchased still runs at close to full capacity to this day.

Somehow you extrapolated my information to some bad experience that you had and assumed that I was referring to you personally.

You need help.

Meanwhile, look at an eBay seller who has been around for a while(in this case 2009) with good feedback
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/gizmos8188 and who has been recommended on this forum many times.
    For example here five years ago.

Let's see if you are man enough to apologise....
    Originally posted by FunTime
    You really do need to calm down, furthermore, I owe you no apology, and I am a woman!

Now go to bed and behave yourself.
    • FunTime
    • By FunTime 23rd Sep 16, 12:19 AM
    • 288 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    FunTime
    • 23rd Sep 16, 12:19 AM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 12:19 AM
    You really do need to calm down, furthermore, I owe you no apology, and I am a woman!

Now go to bed and behave yourself.
    Originally posted by williacg
    Do you really think that I did not know that you were a woman? :
    I chose my words carefully.
    Let's just say that a man would not have flown off the handle for no good reason, in that manner. Seeing as you are otherwise, I understand that you cannot help yourself.

Anyway, back on topic. Just use your brain when selecting a battery. You can purchase from eBay, just don't be stupid when making your choices. Do you know what I mean?

Avoid silly claims like a three year warranty. Don't just buy the cheapest.

eBay is just a marketplace. Use your intelligence to separate the wheat from the chaff.

If you think that Hypertec are not selling Chinese made batteries, you should think again.

Someone like PowerCell UK from my link is UK based and has good feedback.

So check for UK based sellers who give good after sales service, rather than ridiculous warranties and the cheapest price to pull you in.

Hopefully soon, perhaps in a few days, you'll be more calm and see my advice as sensible.
    At the moment, you appear to be attempting to project your hysterical reaction on to me. I'm all smiles.

So search by battery part number and then begin weeding out....when you are composed enough to do so.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

185Posts Today

1,068Users online

Martin's Twitter