Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bumpercars99
    • By bumpercars99 22nd Sep 16, 2:54 PM
    • 28Posts
    • 22Thanks
    bumpercars99
    Cancel switch within cooling off period
    • 22nd Sep 16, 2:54 PM
    Cancel switch within cooling off period 22nd Sep 16 at 2:54 PM
    I'm coming to the end of my uswitch collective tariff with Eon and am in the switching window. I did a couple of comparisons and annoyingly the cheapest for me is Scottish Power who I just resolved a billing dispute with dating back to 2015 so I won't be going back there while that's so fresh in my memory.

Then I had an Eon tariff which I'm ineligible for, so I decided to switch to a Sainsbury tariff that was next best.

However, I've now seen some people on the forum talking about an SSE deal on energy helpline that's equal to the Eon deal and I want that one instead.

I'm within my cooling off period for my first switch application and wanted to check nothing bad is likely to happen with my accounts if I cancel it. I can't face another billing dispute especially over £40!!

As an aside, are there any other sites I should be checking for exclusive deals before I make the same mistake again? Having to compare between comparison sites seems a tad ridiculous, thought I had that routine down to once a year for the car insurance.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Page 1
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 22nd Sep 16, 6:47 PM
    • 2,264 Posts
    • 872 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 22nd Sep 16, 6:47 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 6:47 PM
    I'm coming to the end of my uswitch collective tariff with Eon and am in the switching window. I did a couple of comparisons and annoyingly the cheapest for me is Scottish Power who I just resolved a billing dispute with dating back to 2015 so I won't be going back there while that's so fresh in my memory.

Then I had an Eon tariff which I'm ineligible for, so I decided to switch to a Sainsbury tariff that was next best.

However, I've now seen some people on the forum talking about an SSE deal on energy helpline that's equal to the Eon deal and I want that one instead.

I'm within my cooling off period for my first switch application and wanted to check nothing bad is likely to happen with my accounts if I cancel it. I can't face another billing dispute especially over £40!!

As an aside, are there any other sites I should be checking for exclusive deals before I make the same mistake again? Having to compare between comparison sites seems a tad ridiculous, thought I had that routine down to once a year for the car insurance.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Originally posted by bumpercars99
    The cooling off period is designed to allow you to change your mind

If you cancel the switch within your cooling off period, then the switch should not go ahead. In any event, you will not owe that new supplier any money
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,980Posts Today

7,768Users online

Martin's Twitter