Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    • gabriel1980
    • By gabriel1980 22nd Sep 16, 2:52 PM
    • 210Posts
    • 394Thanks
    Previous Insurance Claim
    • #1
    • 22nd Sep 16, 2:52 PM
    Previous Insurance Claim 22nd Sep 16 at 2:52 PM
    Just a quick one really. Getting quotes for new car insurance and I have had a previous claim a couple of years ago, but I can't remember the exact date of the accident (not 100% sure of the month as well). Is there anyway I can find out about an exact date of a previous claim or can I just approximate it when buying new car insurance?
Page 1
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 22nd Sep 16, 4:05 PM
    • 2,583 Posts
    • 1,378 Thanks
    • #2
    • 22nd Sep 16, 4:05 PM
    • #2
    • 22nd Sep 16, 4:05 PM
    If it was literally a couple (i.e. 2) years ago it should have been declared to the insurer at the time and then on the next years (i.e. last year) policy so just look at the documentation from last year?
    • foxy-stoat
    • By foxy-stoat 22nd Sep 16, 4:10 PM
    • 1,069 Posts
    • 596 Thanks
    • #3
    • 22nd Sep 16, 4:10 PM
    • #3
    • 22nd Sep 16, 4:10 PM
    If you wish to find out what information is held about you on the CUE database, please print and complete the Subject Access Request Form. This can be sent with the administration fee of £10 to the address below. Cheques or postal orders should be made payable to IDSL. Please note that cash is not acceptable.
    If you are unable to access the attached form we are happy to accept written requests as long as they are accompanied by the administration fee and suitable identification.
    Acceptable forms of identification are:
    • Utility Bill
    • Local Authority tax bill
    • TV License
    • Correspondence from HMRC
    • Land registry confirmation
    • Vehicle registration document
    • Student loan statement
    As part of your written request please include your date of birth and address information for the past 6 years as well as any former names i.e. maiden name you have been known by in this time.
    Requests for personal information held on CUE should be addressed to:
    IS & Compliance Officer
    Insurance Database Services Limited (IDSL)
    Risk & Compliance
    Linford Wood House
    6 - 12 Capital Drive
    Milton Keynes
    MK14 6XT

    From CUE website. You will see that windscreen claims do not appear on this list as well, which was a new one on me.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,980Posts Today

7,768Users online

Martin's Twitter