Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gubrats
    • By Gubrats 22nd Sep 16, 2:34 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Gubrats
    Mum shouldn't have gone to Iceland!
    • 22nd Sep 16, 2:34 PM
    Mum shouldn't have gone to Iceland! 22nd Sep 16 at 2:34 PM
    Hi hope you can help,

My son and wife went to Iceland (the shop not the country) to get a few bits, as they were coming from different places they both turned up in separate cars in Icelands car park.

All the car parks in our home town are free after 18:00 so neither bothered to get a ticket as they assumed it wouldn't be a problem as it was 18:35.

they were in the car park for approximately 25 mins whilst they did the shopping.

this all happend on the 26th of august and on the 16th of September they both received parking tickets from a independent parking company dated the 14th of september. the ticket was ANPR nothing stuck on the cars.

on the main site i read "the Notice to Keeper should be sent within 15 days of the alleged parking offence".

does this mean the company hasnt stuck to the "Notice to Keeper rules"?

thanks in advance
Page 1
    • bod1467
    • By bod1467 22nd Sep 16, 3:05 PM
    • 14,760 Posts
    • 13,388 Thanks
    bod1467
    • 22nd Sep 16, 3:05 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 3:05 PM
    Which parking company?

Which country within the UK?

The NEWBIES FAQ tells you (them) how to proceed.
    Got a Parking Charge Notice (parking ticket - IT'S NOT A FINE!)? Go here for further info ...
    Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking >
    ... and click on the NEWBIES sticky thread (4816822)
    Please do not PM me for help - I will not offer help via PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Sep 16, 3:16 PM
    • 38,305 Posts
    • 49,774 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 22nd Sep 16, 3:16 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 3:16 PM
    I'm betting nasty ex-clampers, Excel.
    PCN in a private car park in England/Wales? DON'T PAY IT BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

USE THE 'FORUM JUMP' ON RIGHT, GO TO THE PARKING TICKETS FORUM. READ THE 'NEWBIES' THREAD.
    Do NOT read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Gubrats
    • By Gubrats 22nd Sep 16, 3:26 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gubrats
    • 22nd Sep 16, 3:26 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 3:26 PM
    I'm betting nasty ex-clampers, Excel.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad

excell it is, in england
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 22nd Sep 16, 3:44 PM
    • 5,275 Posts
    • 3,818 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 22nd Sep 16, 3:44 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 3:44 PM
    I suggest replying thusly

As this claim is out of time for POFA I assume that you are under the false impression that the RK was also the driver. If you are relying on Elliott v Loake, please send me a copy of the forensic evidence you have.

Be warned, if you persist in this matter and lose at court, I shall be invoicing you for my time and costs under CPR27.14(2)(g), unreasonable behaviour.

Please do not bother replying, unless it is a fully compliant letter before action. u
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 22nd Sep 16, 3:51 PM
    • 822 Posts
    • 1,426 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 22nd Sep 16, 3:51 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 3:51 PM
    Excel have the Iceland contract (dated 16/11/2015) though there are earlier versions.

All the car parks in our home town are free after 18:00
    If you can give the store location code (3 digits) should be able to confirm the contract they have.

Excel don't use Keeper Liability so don't name the driver if you use the template appeal in the Newbie thread.
    "One thing you realise about the gangs and the criminals [and parking companies] is that it's acting by another means. If you go into a bank or a shop and you want them to believe that you're going to shoot them [or go to court], that's an acting exercise. Nine out of 10 delinquents [and their solicitors] are frustrated actors". Peter Mullan, actor
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

200Posts Today

1,093Users online

Martin's Twitter