Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • j1n5
    • By j1n5 22nd Sep 16, 1:09 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    j1n5
    Parking ticket for motorcycle
    • 22nd Sep 16, 1:09 PM
    Parking ticket for motorcycle 22nd Sep 16 at 1:09 PM
    Hello, I'm looking for some advice for my son.

His motorbike was parked by the entrance to the flats where we live last week and has been issued with a parking ticket by Premier Parking Solutions. He thinks he doesn't need to pay it and it will go away. I'm not so sure!

The parking spaces for the flats are not located by the entrance but around the back. At the entrance there is simply the pavement and then some paving for the entrance to the flats, this is where the motorbike was.

There is a Premier Parking Solutions sign on a wall to right of where the bike was parked that says this land is private property and strictly no parking at any time.

Any advice would be appreciated, I'm tempted to just pay the fine!
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Sep 16, 1:31 PM
    • 38,306 Posts
    • 49,779 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 22nd Sep 16, 1:31 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 1:31 PM
    Same advice as on this one two days ago:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5528390

Do read the NEWBIES FAQs thread near the top of this forum, post #3 says what happens with an IPC firm 'ticket' if you just appeal once (not saying who was driving) then IGNORE and do not try 'IAS' as it's a kangaroo court.

This isn't a fine, it's an unfair and extortionate invoice - but this is not a nice industry. Many are ex-clampers but they can't clamp these days (illegal). So (apart from one challenge from the keeper saying they are not liable and the driver won't be named) do not do anything unless they try a court claim, which PPS are not known for and it has no effect on credit rating if you do get pursued and defend, even if lost at a hearing in the end.

Highly likely to just be letters, us regulars have almost all ignored debt collector letters re these fake 'PCNs'.

I'm tempted to just pay the fine!
    Hmmmm...please think again, the =message you are sending him is paying scumbags - not a good example. If you pay for a quiet life now, PLEASE do not tell us here because we see that as joining and funding the scam against the next little old lady, poor student or struggling families. Grrrr...!

Sit tight, read other threads about IPC firms.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 22-09-2016 at 2:13 PM.
    PCN in a private car park in England/Wales? DON'T PAY IT BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

USE THE 'FORUM JUMP' ON RIGHT, GO TO THE PARKING TICKETS FORUM. READ THE 'NEWBIES' THREAD.
    Do NOT read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• pogofish
    • By pogofish 22nd Sep 16, 1:32 PM
    • 5,942 Posts
    • 5,782 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 22nd Sep 16, 1:32 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 1:32 PM
    Firstly, this is not any kind of fine!

Secondly, ignoring has not been routinely viable since the law changed in 2012!

So get stuck-in to the Newbies Sticky at the top of this forum to inform yourself about the current situation and your options for seeing PPS-off.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,872Posts Today

6,682Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @GemmaRobyn: @MartinSLewis my parents earned +£50k but it didn't mean they could afford to help. I worked 2 jobs at uni to get by. Why b?

• RT @JackieMutlow: @MartinSLewis @GMB Daughters loans not enough we pay 2 months rent a year (2x £410) AND £250 a month for food, train etc?

• Morning. On way to @gmb for 7:40 slot, this week warning to parents about student finance, get paid to cut debt costs, free cafe nero & more

• Follow Martin