Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 22nd Sep 16, 12:07 PM
    • 10,784Posts
    • 7,245Thanks
    Voyager2002
    How to complain to MyCSP?
    • 22nd Sep 16, 12:07 PM
    How to complain to MyCSP? 22nd Sep 16 at 12:07 PM
    As per heading: a very simple question. I need to make a formal complaint about my Civil Service Pension in such a way that it can later, if required, be escalated to the Pension Ombudsman Service. I don't know if this can be done by email, and whether to use the email address I have for them or a special address for their complaints team. Needless to say I have asked them (twice) without response, and their 'contact us' page does not say anything about complaints.

Does anyone know, please?
Page 1
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 22nd Sep 16, 12:31 PM
    • 18,452 Posts
    • 10,383 Thanks
    xylophone
    • 22nd Sep 16, 12:31 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 12:31 PM
    http://www.civilservicepensionscheme.org.uk/employers/employer-pension-guide/disputes-appeals-and-complaints/
    • OldBeanz
    • By OldBeanz 22nd Sep 16, 9:40 PM
    • 514 Posts
    • 371 Thanks
    OldBeanz
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:40 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:40 PM
    I found their complaints procedure to be the only part of the organisation that functioned properly or efficiently. For info:
    There was an article in the Guardian in February suggesting "Three-quarters of civil service pension records are wrong or missing”
    http://www.theguardian.com/public-leaders-network/2016/feb/11/mycsp-government-pension-scheme-civil-service
    “The Data Protection Act 1998, Section 7” allows you to ask for all your information held by MyCSP.
    My appeal was won on the basis that they could not prove I had been told the correct information in 2001. I was expecting the claim to drag on for a year but it was resolved to my satisfaction in a matter of weeks.
    Good luck.
    • marlot
    • By marlot 23rd Sep 16, 7:14 AM
    • 2,765 Posts
    • 1,910 Thanks
    marlot
    • 23rd Sep 16, 7:14 AM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 7:14 AM
    I found their complaints procedure to be the only part of the organisation that functioned properly or efficiently. ...
    Originally posted by OldBeanz
    I wish I did! I got there eventually, but only because I'd kept records of all my interactions.

Their incompetence was set to cost me £1000 each year in retirement, and all they offered in compensation was a one-off £100.

Fortunately I was able to get the right result. I never did claim the £100.
    • Dan83
    • By Dan83 23rd Sep 16, 10:34 PM
    • 604 Posts
    • 241 Thanks
    Dan83
    • 23rd Sep 16, 10:34 PM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 10:34 PM
    Is there any way I can obtain myCSP statements from previous years?
    • zaax
    • By zaax 23rd Sep 16, 10:46 PM
    • 1,608 Posts
    • 627 Thanks
    zaax
    • 23rd Sep 16, 10:46 PM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 10:46 PM
    Keep your pcs subs up
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
    • OldBeanz
    • By OldBeanz 24th Sep 16, 3:03 AM
    • 514 Posts
    • 371 Thanks
    OldBeanz
    • 24th Sep 16, 3:03 AM
    • 24th Sep 16, 3:03 AM
    I wish I did! I got there eventually, but only because I'd kept records of all my interactions.

Their incompetence was set to cost me £1000 each year in retirement, and all they offered in compensation was a one-off £100.

Fortunately I was able to get the right result. I never did claim the £100.
    Originally posted by marlot
    Mine was also going to cost me £1k pa. I was lied to on the phone, given contradictory information and other nonsense. I was not offered anything. It was this year but now is water off a duck's back.
    As for the Union - not a penny more for arch Corbynista - Serwotka. I found it rather sad that having been a member for over 35 years they could not be bothered to check the records to see this before noticing I was retiring and asking for more money.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,880Posts Today

6,252Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @PapaSlavs: @MartinSLewis hi, how much per month should I typically charge my daughter board & lodgings now she's left uni and become an?

• RT @EssexHebridean: 13 years, 2 months and 6 days after taking it out, we've just paid the final lump sum off our mortgage. #MortgageFree @?

• Many first time buyers panicked about Help to Buy mortgage guarantee ending, here's my video on what it really mean? https://t.co/uGD6sG4hvl

• Follow Martin