Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • littlerock
    • By littlerock 22nd Sep 16, 11:58 AM
    • 795Posts
    • 119Thanks
    littlerock
    SMS message summary on locked screen just stopped working
    • 22nd Sep 16, 11:58 AM
    SMS message summary on locked screen just stopped working 22nd Sep 16 at 11:58 AM
    I always used to get first few words of any new incoming message, appearing on the locked screen of my Sony phone when a new message arrived. This just stopped working. I do not know why.

Once I unlock the phone then there is a flag on the SMS icon to show a text has arrived but the phone resets to default mode quite quickly and unless I keep unlocking it, I can no longer glance at it and see that a message has arrived and who it is from. Instead I now have to open the text messages icon to find out.

Looking up online how to correct this, it seems that I should go to Settings/Apps/SMS/Notification and update this. The Settings/Apps entries do not include SMS or Notifications. This setting must be somewhere else. Can anyone help?

I am sure this is really obvious and I am just missing something. I want to reinstate summary of new incoming text messages to appear on locked home screen.
Page 1
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 22nd Sep 16, 12:15 PM
    • 3,269 Posts
    • 12,108 Thanks
    indesisiv
    • 22nd Sep 16, 12:15 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 12:15 PM
    Not sure if sony has the same options as I have but on my phone it is something like.

Settings - Notifications - When device is locked
    Set to Show all notification rather than hide sensitive notification content.

On sony it sounds like it is here:

Settings > Sound & notification > When device is locked.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
    • littlerock
    • By littlerock 22nd Sep 16, 12:29 PM
    • 795 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    littlerock
    • 22nd Sep 16, 12:29 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 12:29 PM
    I cannot find any option - When device is locked. Sony user guide says it has a Settings > Sound & notification > When device is locked.

Mine only has Settings> Sound which has various sound options. There is a notification option but it only covers choosing which default sound you want, nothing about notification on locked screen.

Until today it displayed incoming messages on the locked screen but now it does not. I was waiting for quite an important message today and missed it because it did not display on the locked screen when it arrived. I have since tested this option out and it no longer works.....
    • littlerock
    • By littlerock 22nd Sep 16, 1:22 PM
    • 795 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    littlerock
    • 22nd Sep 16, 1:22 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 1:22 PM
    Had another look at Settings, this time at Display. In here, the last option is "Lock Screen. Change what information is displayed in Lock screen." This expands to include "Privacy - Hide detailed information in notifications". This has a tick box. However whether ticked or unticked, makes no difference. I have tested it both ways and the message display in a locked screen no longer works.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,263Posts Today

6,642Users online

Martin's Twitter