Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 22nd Sep 16, 11:45 AM
    • 3,060Posts
    • 1,614Thanks
    MABLE
    Asda
    • 22nd Sep 16, 11:45 AM
    Asda 22nd Sep 16 at 11:45 AM
    I went to the local ASDA today for a few items etc. I promptly made my way to the self service belt. As I was about to put the items on the belt an assistant said that is for cards only you need the next one for cash. I looked at her in amazement as to suggest I would not be deemed to have cards.
Page 2
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 24th Sep 16, 4:09 PM
    • 5,812 Posts
    • 3,430 Thanks
    teddysmum
    There's a new young man , who has been put on the self checkout section of our Tesco and I was quite amused when, last week, he approached me, asking if I knew how to use the machine; just me, so I must look too old to cope by myself.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 24th Sep 16, 4:16 PM
    • 15,203 Posts
    • 35,245 Thanks
    Pollycat
    There's a new young man , who has been put on the self checkout section of our Tesco and I was quite amused when, last week, he approached me, asking if I knew how to use the machine; just me, so I must look too old to cope by myself.
    Originally posted by teddysmum
    But did you look at him in amazement?
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 24th Sep 16, 4:19 PM
    • 5,812 Posts
    • 3,430 Thanks
    teddysmum
    But did you look at him in amazement?
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    Just replied, 'I believe I can manage. Thank you.'
    • aqua111
    • By aqua111 25th Sep 16, 5:36 PM
    • 515 Posts
    • 344 Thanks
    aqua111
    My Sister, a high earner, walked into a BMW Garage and was approached by a Salesman.
    He said " The Second Hand Cars are round the back"
    She walked out.
    • The-Truth
    • By The-Truth 26th Sep 16, 8:23 AM
    • 309 Posts
    • 377 Thanks
    The-Truth
    I was just saying people
    Originally posted by MABLE
    Saying what?

She was just trying to be helpful and you come here to slate her!
    • Stevie Palimo
    • By Stevie Palimo 26th Sep 16, 8:53 AM
    • 2,860 Posts
    • 4,082 Thanks
    Stevie Palimo
    My Sister, a high earner, walked into a BMW Garage and was approached by a Salesman.
    He said " The Second Hand Cars are round the back"
    She walked out.
    Originally posted by aqua111
    When I went and got my last car that was new there was 4 or so salesman chatting of which none wanted to entertain the idea that I could afford one of the cars, I was in tracksuit bottoms at the time after being in the gym, As I found the one I wanted and asked for help a young sales lady that had only recently started offered to assist and I made the purchase with her, I did ask however will you gain 100% of the commission here as I do not want the others to have anything due to there attitude towards me and she said as she closed the sale it is all hers.
    " I refuse to censor myself because it may offend someone. If you don't like me that's ok, I don't need your approval. "
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 26th Sep 16, 8:57 AM
    • 14,583 Posts
    • 10,377 Thanks
    hollydays
    She was probably trying to pre empt avoiding the constant stream of people putting their shopping through then calling the supervisor to sort out the transaction. Quite tiresome if you are the member of staff doing that all day.
    • owen_money
    • By owen_money 30th Sep 16, 2:15 PM
    • 354 Posts
    • 471 Thanks
    owen_money
    I think if you shop at ASDA then you leave yourself open to the perception that you are unlikely to have cards, often made worse if you wear dirty grey joggers or nightwear when shopping
    One man's folly is another man's wife. Helen Roland (1876 - 1950)
    • sillyvixen
    • By sillyvixen 30th Sep 16, 8:44 PM
    • 2,791 Posts
    • 4,115 Thanks
    sillyvixen
    When I was in M&S buying milk for work, an assistant was pointing out to people that a particular self service machine was only accepting cards and if you were paying cash would you please wait for another machine. Nobody got offended - must just be customers in A s d a that take offence to this sort of thing.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 2nd Oct 16, 8:19 AM
    • 5,504 Posts
    • 10,264 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    My friends work for a supermarket. Her work there are 10 self scans and three of them are used the most - customers too lazy to walk to ones further away. Even they wait until one of these three are vacated. The coins are topped up daily and the notes in the change box every Sunday. So it's fairly common that they close these three on Saturday as ran out notes. Don't bother with putting card only signs up as customers don't read signs.

Also many customers don't understand if your shopping comes to £7.02, to get £3 change, they need to put the 2p first then £10 note. The transaction ends if the cash paid is equal or greater to the amount owed.
    Rejoined Slimming World 28/7/16
    Lost 2st 2lb first time Need to lose that again
    Lost 10lb 1st 6lb to go
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 2nd Oct 16, 5:40 PM
    • 3,912 Posts
    • 23,087 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    I would explain to her she can put the items back on the shelf and leave.
    No one dreams of escape
    From the aroma of a cheap jar of coffee
    • The-Truth
    • By The-Truth 9th Oct 16, 11:08 AM
    • 309 Posts
    • 377 Thanks
    The-Truth
    I would explain to her she can put the items back on the shelf and leave.
    Originally posted by Blackbeard of Perranporth
    She wouldn't have to though. That would be someone elses job as she has to man the tills.

Basically means your bitter attempt to be spiteful wouldn't have worked!

Oh dear poor you!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

160Posts Today

3,324Users online

Martin's Twitter