Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cupid07
    • By cupid07 22nd Sep 16, 11:35 AM
    • 99Posts
    • 15Thanks
    cupid07
    chargeback when i paid with paypal
    • 22nd Sep 16, 11:35 AM
    chargeback when i paid with paypal 22nd Sep 16 at 11:35 AM
    Hi everyone, to cut a long story short. I purchased an item off a well known app (not fleabay) and paid via paypal. I've read if the money was "loaded" into the account and you paid via the account balance, then a chargeback is pretty impossible. I however, did not do this. Instead i just paid straight off my debit card but via paypal.

The item was meant to arrive from the UK but instead arrived from Russia a few weeks later, an obvious fake. I tried contacting paypal about how the item was counterfeit but all they do is tell me to return it. A return would cost in the region of £13 and yet the item was under £30. What chance do i have of doing a chargeback when i've paid via paypal?

I have the template downloaded and ready to fill in, i've tried looking on HSBC website about debit card chargebacks and can't find anything. If anyone has an address where to send chargebacks to with HSBC that would also be appreciated
Page 2
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 22nd Sep 16, 4:55 PM
    • 17,123 Posts
    • 13,589 Thanks
    wealdroam
    I guess you missed my earlier question.

Who did you buy from?

What marketplace did you use? Gumtree?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

218Posts Today

1,094Users online

Martin's Twitter