Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • guestman
    • By guestman 22nd Sep 16, 10:47 AM
    • 150Posts
    • 90Thanks
    guestman
    deposit proof
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:47 AM
    deposit proof 22nd Sep 16 at 10:47 AM
    when stumping up your deposit do you need to show were its come from? after taking advantage of several accounts for the interest would I need to pay to have statements printed of from all accounts?
    im with Halifax and if I went to them for a mortgage im guessing any money in Halifax and BOS would be in front of there eyes, but LLOYDS , TSB and my first direct monthly saver would all need the last 2 years statements printing off ?
Page 1
    • CookieM
    • By CookieM 22nd Sep 16, 10:50 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    CookieM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:50 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:50 AM
    I just printed off the last 90 days for my monthly saver and H2B ISA from the Lloyds website. Solicitors seemed satisfied with that.
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 22nd Sep 16, 10:51 AM
    • 3,406 Posts
    • 2,947 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:51 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:51 AM
    Apart from what your mortgage application might need, your solicitor will also need evidence of where the funds have come from to satisfy anti-money-laundering regulations. Not necessarily as much as 2 years though. You'll need to ask exactly what is needed, there aren't blanket rules.
    • David White
    • By David White 22nd Sep 16, 10:52 AM
    • 606 Posts
    • 245 Thanks
    David White
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:52 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:52 AM
    It is very likely that you'll need to show proof of how your deposit has been sourced to both the bank and your Solicitor.

Halifax branch staff will not have access to your savings accounts at Lloyds or TSB.
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

288Posts Today

1,504Users online

Martin's Twitter