Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TSK
    • By TSK 22nd Sep 16, 10:35 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    TSK
    PCN for parked with one or more wheels on or over a footpath or any part of a road...
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:35 AM
    PCN for parked with one or more wheels on or over a footpath or any part of a road... 22nd Sep 16 at 10:35 AM
    Hi all,

Received this PCN last night whilst I was out. I park here regularly, and have never received a ticket for parking here.

Ticket was issued by Transport for London.

The ticket states the contravention as being "parked with one or more wheels on or over a footpath or any part of a road other than a carriageway."

The stretch of road in question is an extended access road to local businesses. This particular access road is for a business that has long since closed. Thus it's not used.

Parking here does not hinder the footpath for pedestrians (they have a clear footpath route behind these vehicles at least 10foot wide).

By being parked here I'm not parked on the pavement, nor the kerb, and I'm not causing any obstruction to vehicles nor pedestrians.

Gathering opinion here on you think I have grounds to appeal this. Incidentally, all the other cars parked around me that also regularly use this space we all also ticketed.

So, is this a rogue warden ? oppotunitistic ticketing ? abuse of power ? or indeed a valid ticket and we are all guilty ?

Interested to hear your opinions on this. Seems like a money making racket to me at £130 a go.

Here's the images I took before I moved off:-

I can't post images as I restricted from doing so as I am a new user. Damn.

anyhow, here they are - see this link :-

s286.photobucket.com/user/FinalEditionE34M5/slideshow/PCN%20TSK

Appreciate any viewpoints on this one.

Regards,

Terry.
    Last edited by TSK; 22-09-2016 at 11:26 AM.
Page 1
    • bod1467
    • By bod1467 22nd Sep 16, 10:44 AM
    • 14,740 Posts
    • 13,381 Thanks
    bod1467
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:44 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:44 AM
    You've omitted the most important info ... WHO issued the PCN? Is this from a private company or a council warden?

Parking on the pavement is not normally a penalty offence (council), except in London. (I note the double red lines indicating a possible red route).

PS - when you were masking your reg number you should have done likewise for the other vehicles.
    Got a Parking Charge Notice (parking ticket - IT'S NOT A FINE!)? Go here for further info ...
    Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking >
    ... and click on the NEWBIES sticky thread (4816822)
    Please do not PM me for help - I will not offer help via PM.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 22nd Sep 16, 11:05 AM
    • 1,574 Posts
    • 2,124 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 22nd Sep 16, 11:05 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 11:05 AM
    This particular access road is for a business that has long since closed. Thus it's not used.

Parking here does not hinder the footpath for pedestrians (they have a clear footpath route behind these vehicles at least 10foot wide).

By being parked here I'm not parked on the pavement, nor the kerb, and I'm not causing any obstruction to vehicles nor pedestrians

All pretty irrelevant I think, and it would appear you have a "real ticket" if so the red lines (which are more restrictive than yellow ones) extend to the boundry of the property.

But the regulars will need to know who issued it to give advice.
    Last edited by fisherjim; 22-09-2016 at 11:09 AM.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • TSK
    • By TSK 22nd Sep 16, 11:25 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    TSK
    • 22nd Sep 16, 11:25 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 11:25 AM
    Hi There,

The Parking Ticket (PCN) was issued by TFL - Transport for London.

Never seen one of these before - I assume they have overall responsibility for London Red Routes...

Terry.
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 22nd Sep 16, 11:27 AM
    • 23,639 Posts
    • 28,936 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    • 22nd Sep 16, 11:27 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 11:27 AM
    Sign up to pepipoo.com as this is a council/tfl one. As its a red route ticket its worth getting their expert view.
    Millies due back at Christmas.
    • bod1467
    • By bod1467 22nd Sep 16, 11:33 AM
    • 14,740 Posts
    • 13,381 Thanks
    bod1467
    • 22nd Sep 16, 11:33 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 11:33 AM
    http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

That's the specific forum you need, I think.
    Got a Parking Charge Notice (parking ticket - IT'S NOT A FINE!)? Go here for further info ...
    Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking >
    ... and click on the NEWBIES sticky thread (4816822)
    Please do not PM me for help - I will not offer help via PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

114Posts Today

1,397Users online

Martin's Twitter