Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • NewLibra
    • By NewLibra 22nd Sep 16, 10:25 AM
    • 14Posts
    • 4Thanks
    NewLibra
    per annum pro rata in my contract
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:25 AM
    per annum pro rata in my contract 22nd Sep 16 at 10:25 AM
    Hi all,

I've just accepted a new job where we agreed at the interview that I would receive £16000 a year for 30 hours a week work. The usual working week is 40 hours.
    I've just had the contract through and the remuneration reads
    "You will be paid £16000 per annum pro rata"

This to me reads that the £16000 we agreed at the meeting (and I was VERY VERY clear this was for 30 hours a week) is the full time salary and therefore not what I will see in my payslip (because I only work 30 hours and not 40).

I've already sent the contract back once (about this and also another issue which they have cleared up) so I want to make sure I am not misunderstanding the contract before I send it back again. Pro annum pro rata is in respect of a full time salary, yes?

TIA
Page 1
    • sangie595
    • By sangie595 22nd Sep 16, 10:58 AM
    • 2,059 Posts
    • 3,282 Thanks
    sangie595
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:58 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:58 AM
    I read it the same way that you do. So I would want to be clear what they think it means.
    • Diodiva
    • By Diodiva 22nd Sep 16, 2:23 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Diodiva
    • 22nd Sep 16, 2:23 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 2:23 PM
    Definitely query it, it reads to me that its the standard contract an they're added the pro rata section without adjusting it.

If the person in the interview wasn't able to override the change in pay then you need to know now, before you sign the contract of employment,.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

741Posts Today

5,533Users online

Martin's Twitter