Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nototentsdirect
    • By nototentsdirect 22nd Sep 16, 9:36 AM
    • 49Posts
    • 33Thanks
    nototentsdirect
    0 WOW
    new zealand volunteer work
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:36 AM
    0 WOW
    new zealand volunteer work 22nd Sep 16 at 9:36 AM
    I am looking at travelling to new zealand to work. Issue is I am over 35 so can not get a working visa. I can do voluntary work for food and board so was looking at doing that. I am therefore looking at trying to find sites that will help me to contact people for free. The only ones I can find seem to want me to pay to contact people. Can anybody help me thanks.
Page 1
    • missbiggles1
    • By missbiggles1 22nd Sep 16, 10:07 AM
    • 14,827 Posts
    • 26,703 Thanks
    missbiggles1
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:07 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:07 AM
    http://www.workingabroad.com/
    • danandjens worldtravels
    • By danandjens worldtravels 23rd Sep 16, 2:48 AM
    • 273 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    danandjens worldtravels
    • 23rd Sep 16, 2:48 AM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 2:48 AM
    Www.helpx.net
    Is a worldwide site and you could see if it suits you in the UK, there is a joining fee, something like £18 for two years, but you can view hosts to a limited degree without paying. I've done it for years on and off, it's well worth the cost ands absolutely loads of NZ hosts.

Google WOOFING, again I think you may have to pay for full info, but WOOFING and WOOFER is a widely understood term in NZ for what you want to do.

Consider housesitting, again you could build your profile before you go and that experience may put you in a good position for some of the better located housesits. Trustedhousesitters.com and kiwihousesitters.co.nz.

Again a fee for all these sites, I have used them all and they do deliver what they say.

Relocating vehicles is also pretty popular for a cheap means of transport if you're flexible, transfercar.net

Have fun!
    • knightstyle
    • By knightstyle 23rd Sep 16, 9:27 AM
    • 3,897 Posts
    • 1,428 Thanks
    knightstyle
    • 23rd Sep 16, 9:27 AM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 9:27 AM
    Look at sites like Wicked Campers to see if they need any motorhomes relocating, usually from South to North. When we did it we paid 10$ a day and they paid for the ferry between South and North islands.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,345Posts Today

6,907Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @GemmaRobyn: @MartinSLewis my parents earned +£50k but it didn't mean they could afford to help. I worked 2 jobs at uni to get by. Why b?

• RT @JackieMutlow: @MartinSLewis @GMB Daughters loans not enough we pay 2 months rent a year (2x £410) AND £250 a month for food, train etc?

• Morning. On way to @gmb for 7:40 slot, this week warning to parents about student finance, get paid to cut debt costs, free cafe nero & more

• Follow Martin