Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • perez73
    • By perez73 22nd Sep 16, 6:46 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    perez73
    Use 0% cash offer to pay off interest bearing items?
    • 22nd Sep 16, 6:46 AM
    Use 0% cash offer to pay off interest bearing items? 22nd Sep 16 at 6:46 AM
    Hi,

I have a 2k balance on my credit card which is made up of purchases and some cash advances.

Using the offer to pay cash into my bank account could i withdraw enough to cover this by transferring back against the card once i have received it in my bank account?

In my mind this will eliminate the high interest items, which i know must be paid first, leaving just the balance taken for the cash transfer which is at 0% until next year.

The low cash transfer offer rate is less than 2% which is significantly better than the painfully high rate i'm paying on my cc debt now.

Apologies if ive missed this topic elsewhere but i couldnt find anything.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 22nd Sep 16, 7:31 AM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 8,536 Thanks
    zx81
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:31 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:31 AM

Using the offer to pay cash into my bank account could i withdraw enough to cover this by transferring back against the card once i have received it in my bank account?
    Originally posted by perez73
    Depends on your limits. If you have more than 2k available, then yes.
    • perez73
    • By perez73 22nd Sep 16, 7:33 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    perez73
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:33 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:33 AM
    Yes i do. That's great news.

Many thanks for the reply
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

119Posts Today

1,199Users online

Martin's Twitter