Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • anotheruser
    • By anotheruser 22nd Sep 16, 5:55 AM
    • 2,147Posts
    • 1,362Thanks
    anotheruser
    Virgin Media SuperHub 3 - Lights on and Slow?
    • 22nd Sep 16, 5:55 AM
    Virgin Media SuperHub 3 - Lights on and Slow? 22nd Sep 16 at 5:55 AM
    I have a SuperHub 3, which says there should be just one light on, the white light.

Mine has finished its set up (after waiting an hour!), but now has the Wi-Fi and Up/Doiwn arrows lit in green. They've been like that all night, even after a power cycle.

It's also running a little slow, so I am thinking I might switch back to the SuperHub 2?

Anyone else have a SuperHub 3?
Page 1
    • datostar
    • By datostar 22nd Sep 16, 8:02 AM
    • 923 Posts
    • 554 Thanks
    datostar
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:02 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:02 AM
    Have you checked the Virgin Media site to see if there are any known problems in your area? I've had a Hub 3 for a few weeks now and mine started doing the same thing 2 weeks ago (albeit the lights were flashing). The website showed a known problem in my area and the following day the problem was resolved. If nothing on the website it might be worth giving Virgin support a ring.
    My Hub 3 replaced an original Superhub and it's much better, especially for WiFi reliability and range, and you get simultaneous transmission on 2.4 & 5GHz unlike the Superhub 2 which is either one or the other depending how you set it.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 22nd Sep 16, 5:46 PM
    • 1,430 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 22nd Sep 16, 5:46 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 5:46 PM
    I have a hub 3.

It was a right pain for them to activate.

i think it downloads and updates itself at the start.

Normal operation is just a white light
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

187Posts Today

1,674Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • If you know you're bust you must declare it asap. So no firm ever says "yes we plan to go insolvent". So you never? https://t.co/w8aIKOqHzq

• Some people misreading... it's NOT the rumours of insolvency of the Monarchy! Its Monarch airlines (again tho I've no idea of its validity)

• Also re #monarchinsolvency rumours it's important to state Monarch are firmly denying it... https://t.co/N27MENRjY9

• Follow Martin