Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • abeena
    • By abeena 22nd Sep 16, 12:06 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 8Thanks
    abeena
    PCN Code 01 Appeal
    • 22nd Sep 16, 12:06 AM
    PCN Code 01 Appeal 22nd Sep 16 at 12:06 AM
    Hi all. I'm after some guidance on what tact to take when appealing a fine and subsequent towing of my car for a code 01 offence.

I live on a residential street which doesn't have a any through traffic normally, but does have a couple of primary schools very close by so there are lots of cars about at drop off/pick-up times. I came back late one evening recently and there was no where on my street or the surrounding streets to park, except almost directly outside my house. However, this space was not quite big enough, even when parked as close to the car in front as possible, without having the back wheels of the car touching the end of the double yellow lines which go around the corner of the road. I had planned to move the car first thing in the morning, but there are no spaces until people start to go to work and trying to move while the school traffic is about is a nightmare, so had to wait until after 9. I went out at 9.15 to move it and found the car had been towed. A PCN had been issued at 8:40 and it was towed at 9:10. So not only did I have the PCN fine but also had to pay a release fee.

I know that there being no space is not normal grounds for appeal, but is this the case even when you're trying to park outside your home? I don't have off-street parking, and all of the other streets anywhere nearby have permit parking (only recently introduced and it's definitely had a negative effect on the availability of spaces on the streets surrounding my house), so going any further away was not an option. Should I try this line (and that they gave me no opportunity to move the car, it was right outside the house, they could have knocked and I could have just paid the PCN and moved it), or should I go with one of the more technical objections around the definition of restricted streets that are about on here?

Any advice would be very gratefully received, thanks!
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Sep 16, 12:10 AM
    • 38,254 Posts
    • 49,719 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 22nd Sep 16, 12:10 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 12:10 AM
    Same advice as here - you have EVERY CHANCE of getting every penny of your money back, with help from pepipoo forum as advised here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5521749

Council towaway situations are among the easier ones to argue, because the method is draconian and PATAS adjudicators tend to agree...
    PCN in a private car park in England/Wales? DON'T PAY IT BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

USE THE 'FORUM JUMP' ON RIGHT, GO TO THE PARKING TICKETS FORUM. READ THE 'NEWBIES' THREAD.
    Do NOT read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• abeena
    • By abeena 22nd Sep 16, 10:16 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    abeena
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:16 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:16 PM
    Thanks! I'll check that out and cross my fingers!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Sep 16, 10:34 PM
    • 38,254 Posts
    • 49,719 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:34 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:34 PM
    You need to start your own thread there and show them all paperwork including both sides of the PCN, so the posters can assist you.

It's free to register & post but don't use a hotmail email.
    PCN in a private car park in England/Wales? DON'T PAY IT BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

USE THE 'FORUM JUMP' ON RIGHT, GO TO THE PARKING TICKETS FORUM. READ THE 'NEWBIES' THREAD.
    Do NOT read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

185Posts Today

1,068Users online

Martin's Twitter