Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Retired at 55
    • By Retired at 55 21st Sep 16, 11:55 PM
    • 104Posts
    • 15Thanks
    Retired at 55
    Good ISP for Customer Service and Technical Support
    • 21st Sep 16, 11:55 PM
    Good ISP for Customer Service and Technical Support 21st Sep 16 at 11:55 PM
    If this is not the right place to post this question could it be moved please? I tried 'Google' but most of the results seemed to focus mainly on cost

I admit this post may be a bit of a 'kneejerk' reaction - but it is a genuine question. I was with BT for Broadband and Telephone and because of poor technical support and difficulty accessing customer support I eventually moved to Plusnet.

For a number of years now I have been delighted with Plusnet prices, Customer Service and Technical Support. I have gladly referred a number of foks to Plusnet in the past.

Now I'm finding it increasingly difficult to access customer service and technical support with any ease. It was once much easier and was available '24 hours.' In my experience this is not the case any more. It seems to be much less easy to access these days, waiting times are much longer and, if I am honest, I am becoming a bit frustrated with it. (To be fair I have to say that, when I do get through, the Plusnet Technical Support people are very good.)

Although this is a (much appreciated) money saving site I wonder if anyone who, like me, not very good technically, can recommend an ISP (Broadband and Telephone - BT landline with UK base if possible) with demonstrably good customer service and technical support - even if a bit more expensive? Although I know economy is very important, being able to access a service is also important.

Again - this post may be a bit 'kneejerk' and I don't want to jump out of the pan into the fire. I'll be very pleased to have any of your views, experiences or comments, thank you.

Retired at 55
    Last edited by Retired at 55; 22-09-2016 at 12:05 AM.
Page 2
    • dealer wins
    • By dealer wins 23rd Sep 16, 10:34 AM
    • 5,580 Posts
    • 10,453 Thanks
    dealer wins
    AAISP, simply the best by miles. Not cheap, but I dont want a cheap service.
    All replies are super fluffy and nice, and newbies are so lovely and welcome. PPR never again!
    • Hoseman
    • By Hoseman 24th Sep 16, 11:43 AM
    • 283 Posts
    • 136 Thanks
    Hoseman
    Zen Internet. Expensive, but I run 3 businesses from home and literally cannot afford to pay less and run the risk of unresolved issues or down time.

Internet is also completely unthrottled and un 'shaped' or 'managed' (or whatever euphemism Plusnet et al use these days for slowing down your speeds when they feel like it) so all the other members of the household are happy!
    Originally posted by Haffiana
    I'm the same. Don't mind paying a premium because its for home as well as work so need things resolved quickly. Benefits are:

- Reliability of service
    - No need to navigate 100s of menu options before getting through to CS
    - Knowledgeable staff based in the UK
    - No premium rate number for CS
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,627Posts Today

6,606Users online

Martin's Twitter