Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • elKz_
    • By elKz_ 21st Sep 16, 9:53 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    elKz_
    Faulty Laptop, what are my rights?
    • 21st Sep 16, 9:53 PM
    Faulty Laptop, what are my rights? 21st Sep 16 at 9:53 PM
    I purchased a custom built laptop back in March 2016 and paid by finance, within a few weeks several faults had popped up which were fairly minor and fixed by reinstalling the drivers. Within 4 months the screen had completely died on me and the system was also overheating at around 95c when idle, therefore the company took down a list of faults and it was then picked up and "repaired".

After two weeks the laptop came back to me and instantly, as soon as I plugged in headphones one of the issues was still there. After some more use, all of the problems returned other than the broken screen.

The company are telling me that all they can do is take it back again, run the same tests and it will be roughly another 2 to 3 weeks before I receive the laptop back.

As I'm sure you can imagine I'm extremely unhappy as the laptop definitely isn't fit for purpose at any level. I have no idea where I stand on this as I would love to have a refund now as they've said if the issue remains again after yet another fix all we can do is "discuss our options" which to me, doesn't sound promising.

Sorry in advanced if this is posted in the wrong area.
Page 1
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 22nd Sep 16, 12:00 AM
    • 22,955 Posts
    • 10,356 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 22nd Sep 16, 12:00 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 12:00 AM
    You say it was purchased on finance - did they provide this or did you get a loan from your bank?
    Send a formal complaint - either for a new computer or a full refund - if they don't play ball and they provided the finance complain to them.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • Fightsback
    • By Fightsback 22nd Sep 16, 8:48 AM
    • 2,240 Posts
    • 1,253 Thanks
    Fightsback
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:48 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:48 AM
    Read here first:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange

Then post in the consumer rights section of MSE.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=173
    Last edited by Fightsback; 22-09-2016 at 8:50 AM.
    Science isn't exact, it's only confidence within limits.
    • treboeth
    • By treboeth 22nd Sep 16, 5:51 PM
    • 633 Posts
    • 675 Thanks
    treboeth
    • 22nd Sep 16, 5:51 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 5:51 PM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71342649

other thread
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

170Posts Today

1,373Users online

Martin's Twitter