Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TuppenceHapenny
    • By TuppenceHapenny 21st Sep 16, 9:53 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    TuppenceHapenny
    Applying for HSBC Advance account when on a low income.
    • 21st Sep 16, 9:53 PM
    Applying for HSBC Advance account when on a low income. 21st Sep 16 at 9:53 PM
    I would like to apply for the HSBC Advance account but am unemployed and on a low income. I can meet the £1,750 per month pay-in requirement by regularly transferring money from another account (with a different bank). If I apply will I have to declare my unemployed status and/ or level of income and if so are they likely to reject my application?

Would it do any good to apply via a branch instead of over the Internet so that I can discuss with staff at the time of applying and show them evidence of my ability to meet the £1,750 per month pay-in requirement? If I apply and am rejected, could the rejection affect my ability to open current accounts with other banks (e.g. because the rejection shows on my credit record)?
Page 1
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 21st Sep 16, 11:12 PM
    • 22,927 Posts
    • 10,347 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 21st Sep 16, 11:12 PM
    • 21st Sep 16, 11:12 PM
    You can apply(should not make any difference which method you use)and see what they say.
    One rejection will not make much difference to your credit report.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • badger09
    • By badger09 22nd Sep 16, 12:19 PM
    • 4,086 Posts
    • 3,319 Thanks
    badger09
    • 22nd Sep 16, 12:19 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 12:19 PM
    I'm sure you will have to declare your employment status and income during the application - just as with every other current account.

Be aware though that HSBC (& FD) are notoriously choosy.

Nothing lost if you apply and are rejected - and don't take it personally
    • alternate
    • By alternate 22nd Sep 16, 1:16 PM
    • 401 Posts
    • 136 Thanks
    alternate
    • 22nd Sep 16, 1:16 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 1:16 PM
    They are looking for a specific demographic for that account, you are not it, they provide other accounts for your circumstances.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,544Posts Today

8,018Users online

Martin's Twitter