Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • geochr
    • By geochr 21st Sep 16, 9:40 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    geochr
    Adding kids to my free travel insurance
    • 21st Sep 16, 9:40 PM
    Adding kids to my free travel insurance 21st Sep 16 at 9:40 PM
    Hello everyone, would anyone be able to answer a query???

Myself and my wife have free travel insurance with Nationwide. My wife is going to Spain with the kids soon but it is quite expensive to add the kids to our free Nationwide cover and we cannot get them insured with another provider without an adult also on the same policy.

As my wife has a Pre-Existing medical condition she is more expensive to insure, so I purchased a 'single trip' policy for myself and the kids as I could not purchase one for the kids alone. I have no intention of travelling. It was only to ensure the kids were insured and I thought I would be cheaper to insure than my wife due to her Pre-Existing condition.

So to summarise, my wife has free travel insurance through our bank account........my kids are on a 'single-trip' policy with another company with myself as a travelling adult (even though im not travelling).

My question to you is......in the event of any claim (fingers crossed that there is no need!), do you think the fact that my name is down as a travelling adult with my kids will affect any claim?
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 21st Sep 16, 10:07 PM
    • 29,811 Posts
    • 14,026 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 21st Sep 16, 10:07 PM
    • 21st Sep 16, 10:07 PM
    If it's a condition that your kids are only covered when accompanying you on a trip then they won't be any cover for them at all
    • geochr
    • By geochr 22nd Sep 16, 11:55 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    geochr
    • 22nd Sep 16, 11:55 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 11:55 AM
    Thanks Quentin. I've had a read through the conditions but it doesn't seem to say anything about it. It just wouldn't let me purchase for them without an adult. Thanks anyway
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

788Posts Today

5,743Users online

Martin's Twitter