Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • joebro
    • By joebro 21st Sep 16, 9:05 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    joebro
    0 WOW
    Flight payment reversed by bank
    • 21st Sep 16, 9:05 PM
    0 WOW
    Flight payment reversed by bank 21st Sep 16 at 9:05 PM
    I recently paid for flights from the UK to the US with budgetair.co.uk. Some time later, I was speaking to my bank about things on my account and didn't recognise the payment (because it showed up as a payment to the Netherlands under a different name). The bank then reversed the payment and the funds were returned to my account. I later realised that the payment I didn't recognize was actually my flight.

I've tried to get in touch with BA about this, but I got a pretty useless call centre operator that just said that my ticket was still valid and that I'm fine to fly. I also got in touch with budgetair.co.uk and explained the situation to them, but the call center operators spoke such bad english that they couldn't understand my explanation, even in a written format (via their website) - they just said that I've paid and that I shouldn't worry.

So I could buy a new ticket, which could lead to me having 2 tickets, but they might come back demanding I pay for the original ticket - meaning I have to pay for the ticket twice.
    Or I could just show up to the airport with my ticket and hope it's still valid - if it's not, then I'd have to buy a new ticket at whatever the airlines extorted prices are.

Has anyone been in this situation before? Got any advice?
Page 1
    • richardw
    • By richardw 21st Sep 16, 9:37 PM
    • 16,934 Posts
    • 6,804 Thanks
    richardw
    • 21st Sep 16, 9:37 PM
    • 21st Sep 16, 9:37 PM
    Has your itinerary been ticketed?
    Do you have a ticket number?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • joebro
    • By joebro 21st Sep 16, 9:54 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    joebro
    • 21st Sep 16, 9:54 PM
    • 21st Sep 16, 9:54 PM
    Yes, I have an itinerary with ticket numbers. Both BA and Budgetair.co.uk have said that they are valid, even though I have had the payment reversed, so I effectively haven't paid for it.
    • 1trainer1
    • By 1trainer1 21st Sep 16, 11:36 PM
    • 816 Posts
    • 1,723 Thanks
    1trainer1
    • 21st Sep 16, 11:36 PM
    • 21st Sep 16, 11:36 PM
    When did you book it? If it's still ticketed tomorrow not much budget air can do about it
    Blessed on 18th February at 0814 with little Sarah xxx
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 21st Sep 16, 11:38 PM
    • 10,784 Posts
    • 7,245 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    • 21st Sep 16, 11:38 PM
    • 21st Sep 16, 11:38 PM
    The most probable is that they (Budget Air) will get in touch with you to ask for payment.
    • joebro
    • By joebro 22nd Sep 16, 12:04 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    joebro
    • 22nd Sep 16, 12:04 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 12:04 AM
    I booked it a few weeks ago and the money was outback in to my account on Friday.
    • Ballard
    • By Ballard 22nd Sep 16, 5:43 AM
    • 1,119 Posts
    • 813 Thanks
    Ballard
    • 22nd Sep 16, 5:43 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 5:43 AM
    Have you contacted your bank about it since you've realised that it was a kosher payment? It could be that they've refunded you whilst they investigate so you may we'll be able to stop the investigation mid track.
    I got a letter from the government the other day. I opened it and read it. It said they were suckers.
    • Bogalot
    • By Bogalot 22nd Sep 16, 11:50 AM
    • 173 Posts
    • 332 Thanks
    Bogalot
    • 22nd Sep 16, 11:50 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 11:50 AM
    As above, you've reported an unknown transaction to your bank, which they will now be treating as fraudulent. You need to contact them and advise of your error before they start asking questions about your conduct in the matter.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,417Posts Today

6,533Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @PapaSlavs: @MartinSLewis hi, how much per month should I typically charge my daughter board & lodgings now she's left uni and become an?

• RT @EssexHebridean: 13 years, 2 months and 6 days after taking it out, we've just paid the final lump sum off our mortgage. #MortgageFree @?

• Many first time buyers panicked about Help to Buy mortgage guarantee ending, here's my video on what it really mean? https://t.co/uGD6sG4hvl

• Follow Martin