Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cacran
    • By Cacran 21st Sep 16, 8:51 PM
    • 385Posts
    • 240Thanks
    Cacran
    FishTank advice please
    • 21st Sep 16, 8:51 PM
    FishTank advice please 21st Sep 16 at 8:51 PM
    I have an Interpet Fish Pod Moon 19 tank. The bulb keeps blowing. Looking at some reviews it seems as though this is a common problem. The bulbs are pricey.
    I wondered if I could replace it with an ordinary household power saving bulb?
    Keep on trucking!
Page 1
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 22nd Sep 16, 3:19 PM
    • 5,137 Posts
    • 3,120 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 22nd Sep 16, 3:19 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 3:19 PM
    I would worry about the danger of water entering a bulb, which is designed for general domestic use.
    • GlasweJen
    • By GlasweJen 23rd Sep 16, 6:12 PM
    • 5,746 Posts
    • 10,253 Thanks
    GlasweJen
    • 23rd Sep 16, 6:12 PM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 6:12 PM
    I'm afraid you can't replace it with a household bulb, you might be better getting a whole new light system and ripping out the inbuilt one. We have a jewel 240 that has marine fish in it and we don't use any of the bits that came with the tank at all. Do you have a local fish shop you can go into and ask for advice?
    Bounts, Quidco, Shop and Scan, Receipt Hog, Costco Cashback, Debit card cashback

NOT BUYING IT
    (unless it's on offer and can get my loyalty points)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

66Posts Today

2,504Users online

Martin's Twitter