Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Shonzz
    • By Shonzz 21st Sep 16, 8:05 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Shonzz
    Damage to courtesy car - lower control arm
    • 21st Sep 16, 8:05 PM
    Damage to courtesy car - lower control arm 21st Sep 16 at 8:05 PM
    I'm currently using a courtesy car through my insurance company whilst mines is in for repair. (Damage caused by me taking left turn too tight, no other cars involved). Today I noticed that the steering was a little off and that the suspension felt none existing as I was going over small bumps. My friend checked it for me and advised that the left lower control arm was bent. Now I'm not sure what to do, as I can't recall curbing the car or doing anything that would have caused this. Should I tell the garage who are lending me the car? Or should I repair this myself? I know I can't drive it because it doesn't feel safe. I've got it for another fortnight aswell so I can't just say nothing and pretend it wasn't me. I'm worried if I tell the garage they will put it through as a seperate claim. Any advice?
Page 1
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 22nd Sep 16, 8:33 AM
    • 2,124 Posts
    • 1,316 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:33 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:33 AM
    Be honest and tell the hire company what has happened, anything else is fraud
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

240Posts Today

1,398Users online

Martin's Twitter