Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 21st Sep 16, 5:37 PM
    • 111Posts
    • 18Thanks
    MSE Callum
    28 WOW
    MSE News: Co-op members to earn 5% reward on own-brand purchases
    • 21st Sep 16, 5:37 PM
    28 WOW
    MSE News: Co-op members to earn 5% reward on own-brand purchases 21st Sep 16 at 5:37 PM
    Millions of Co-op members can now bag a 5% reward on own-brand products and services...
    Read the full story:
    'Co-op members to earn 5% reward on own-brand purchases'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 1
    • robin58
    • By robin58 22nd Sep 16, 10:57 PM
    • 1,258 Posts
    • 1,113 Thanks
    robin58
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:57 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:57 PM
    Just give us 5% directly off your prices.

But it will then still be more expensive than anywhere else.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!!
    • Stuart_W
    • By Stuart_W 24th Sep 16, 2:40 PM
    • 1,313 Posts
    • 620 Thanks
    Stuart_W
    • 24th Sep 16, 2:40 PM
    • 24th Sep 16, 2:40 PM
    It is worth clarifying that when you report "The Co-op" you are actually referring to The Co-operative Group, who own most BUT NOT ALL of the Co-op food shops in the UK.

Around 20% are owned by other regional societies, such as Central England, Midcounties Co-op, Scotmid, Southern Co-op, Licolnshire Co-op and East of England Co-op. There are more, too.

These shops are not part of the 5% scheme launched by The Co-operative Group and have their own dividend schemes for members in place. Unlike Co-operative Group, all the societies that I've mentioned have continued to pay an annual or bi-annual dividend desipte the fact your article claims no dividends have been paid in recent years. That only applies to The Co-operative Group. I got £25 divi from my co-op food shopping last year because it's a different society.

Please report accurately.
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 24th Sep 16, 2:55 PM
    • 55,291 Posts
    • 317,015 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    • 24th Sep 16, 2:55 PM
    • 24th Sep 16, 2:55 PM
    They're too expensive, not in many areas and don't have a large range. If you live somewhere where it's your only shop you'll benefit; if you had other choices then you'll continue to shop elsewhere cheaper.

Their members/card system's always been a problem and confusing too as they trade under one banner, but are all parts of different regional groups that you can't ever work out.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,201Posts Today

6,235Users online

Martin's Twitter