Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thegeneral588
    • By thegeneral588 21st Sep 16, 4:44 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    thegeneral588
    What can I do next???
    • 21st Sep 16, 4:44 PM
    What can I do next??? 21st Sep 16 at 4:44 PM
    Sorry this is going to be a long one.

I bought an Ipod on Ebay about 3 months ago now, and it was never delivered. I bought it a couple of weeks before i went on holiday, and was obviously expecting it within a couple of days. I contacted the seller after about a week and asked them where it was, and explained why I needed it quickly. No response. I left it a couple of days and them contacted the seller again and asked to cancel due to no contact, non-delivery on a tight schedule and i purchased the same item from a different seller, which i got very promptly. Still no response. This is where it gets annoying. My first day on holiday i got a parcel pick up note from RM, but being in a foreign country i knew nothing of this until i returned two weeks later. Knowing that it would have been sent back already i never bothered trying to pick it up. Regrettably i disregarded the pick up note, and must have thrown it away. After not receiving a refund i again contacted the seller again to no avail. So i opened a Paypal dispute on the 03/08 and still no communication. Escalated to a claim on 11/08. Found that the seller had put tracking info down a month after i purchased and says that it was delivered to me or a neighbour, and a signature and surname given that relates to none of my neighbours, and much later than the mailman delivers to our area (delivers at 1030/1100 signed for at 1524).

So obviously PayPay found in favour of the seller as postage proven. I have contacted PayPal again but they can't help further, and re-messaged the seller but still no contact from them. So next i contacted RM to see if they could help, but as so much time had passed the mailman couldn't remember it unsurprisingly as it was 10-12 weeks later. So the seller would need to claim for lost/stolen item, but again no contact.

Where can i go from here as i am really annoyed that i have spent £220 on an item i do not have and a seller that apparently finds it impossible to reply to messages. I am also heading down the CAB tomorrow to see if they can help as well.

Thanks for your time.
Page 1
    • alanq
    • By alanq 21st Sep 16, 5:22 PM
    • 3,291 Posts
    • 2,129 Thanks
    alanq
    • 21st Sep 16, 5:22 PM
    • 21st Sep 16, 5:22 PM
    Knowing that it would have been sent back already i never bothered trying to pick it up.
    Originally posted by thegeneral588
    It seems that you were wrong to think that it would have been sent back.
    "How long will you keep it?
    • We will hold it for 18 calendar days before returning to the sender - the Redelivery date needs to be within 18 calendar days of the first delivery attempt."
    https://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/redelivery/book

Regrettably i disregarded the pick up note, and must have thrown it away.
    Could you have "thrown it away" where someone else could have picked up the note and used it to claim the item from the sorting office? (I know that they are supposed to ask for additional ID but in my experience the sorting office staff hand over parcels on production of just the note.)

You can opt out of Deliver To A Neighbour but if this had happened I assume that the note that you received would have said that was what had happened.
    http://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/delivery-to-neighbour
    Last edited by alanq; 21-09-2016 at 5:37 PM.
    • campdave
    • By campdave 21st Sep 16, 6:09 PM
    • 2,128 Posts
    • 1,779 Thanks
    campdave
    • 21st Sep 16, 6:09 PM
    • 21st Sep 16, 6:09 PM
    This is where it gets annoying. My first day on holiday i got a parcel pick up note from RM, but being in a foreign country i knew nothing of this until i returned two weeks later. Knowing that it would have been sent back already i never bothered trying to pick it up. Regrettably i disregarded the pick up note, and must have thrown it away.
    You can type all this but not go and pick up your package?

Unfortunately your lack of responsibility for your own actions seems to have been expensive here. Perhaps next time you'll be more careful.

If you believe fraud to have taken place, get proper legal advice rather than signing up to a forum, expecting others to spend their time to get you out of a pickle of your own making.
    Last edited by campdave; 21-09-2016 at 6:12 PM.
    • thegeneral588
    • By thegeneral588 22nd Sep 16, 6:27 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    thegeneral588
    • 22nd Sep 16, 6:27 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 6:27 AM
    Could you have "thrown it away" where someone else could have picked up the note and used it to claim the item from the sorting office?
    Originally posted by alanq
    It may have been thrown away, when looking at the tracking information it says it was signed for on the 24/06. However the Something for you card wasn't posted until the 06/07, and this is why i am having so many issues, and also why i am so confused about what happened to it.
    Last edited by thegeneral588; 22-09-2016 at 7:42 AM.
    • I have spoken
    • By I have spoken 22nd Sep 16, 8:03 AM
    • 4,321 Posts
    • 8,918 Thanks
    I have spoken
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:03 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:03 AM
    Hmm.. .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,417Posts Today

6,533Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @PapaSlavs: @MartinSLewis hi, how much per month should I typically charge my daughter board & lodgings now she's left uni and become an?

• RT @EssexHebridean: 13 years, 2 months and 6 days after taking it out, we've just paid the final lump sum off our mortgage. #MortgageFree @?

• Many first time buyers panicked about Help to Buy mortgage guarantee ending, here's my video on what it really mean? https://t.co/uGD6sG4hvl

• Follow Martin