Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • garyw73
    • By garyw73 21st Sep 16, 11:55 AM
    • 51Posts
    • 26Thanks
    garyw73
    Car insurance claim - odd situation questiion
    • 21st Sep 16, 11:55 AM
    Car insurance claim - odd situation questiion 21st Sep 16 at 11:55 AM
    Hi all,

We're in a bit of a quandary about an insurance claim we have going through and would welcome any advice you may have.
    My wife (who was a childminder) was involved in car accident, other party have admitted liability so all good there. There were 3 kids in the car at the time all in car seats, which obviously need replacing, but we aren't going to be needing the replacement seats as my wife is no longer going to be doing the aforementioned childminding.
    The insurance co want us to order like for like replacement seats and show proof of purchase for them to reimburse, which is all fine and dandy, but what can we do with the seats once they have reimbursed? Can we ( for example) send them back to the supplier as we don't need them any more? Sell them on ebay? The seats are maxi cosi seats so not cheap.
    We obviously don't want to be committing insurance fraud or getting into any trouble with the insurance co!
    Thanks in advance!
Page 2
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 22nd Sep 16, 11:52 AM
    • 29,808 Posts
    • 14,024 Thanks
    Quentin
    I stand by my comment that unnecessary claims costs increases the cost of insurance for all, there is a mindset of "well I'm entitled to it and others do it", more so with PI claims than anything else. .....
    Originally posted by paddyandstumpy
    By "unnecessary claims", don't you mean "fraudulent claims"?

(Your "advice" here to the OP that the "right" thing to do is not claim for any losses covered by insurance if he no longer "needs" the insured item is just your own hobby horse and should really be discussed elsewhere on the forum (maybe the rants forum), and not here as supposed "advice"!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

139Posts Today

1,412Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • If you know you're bust you must declare it asap. So no firm ever says "yes we plan to go insolvent". So you never? https://t.co/w8aIKOqHzq

• Some people misreading... it's NOT the rumours of insolvency of the Monarchy! Its Monarch airlines (again tho I've no idea of its validity)

• Also re #monarchinsolvency rumours it's important to state Monarch are firmly denying it... https://t.co/N27MENRjY9

• Follow Martin