Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cueball
    • By cueball 21st Sep 16, 10:31 AM
    • 33Posts
    • 8Thanks
    cueball
    County Court Business Centre
    • 21st Sep 16, 10:31 AM
    County Court Business Centre 21st Sep 16 at 10:31 AM
    Hi advice needed

having received a PCN and ignoring it, my debt was purchased by a collections company. I have now received a Claims Form from the County Courts Business Centre saying I have 14 days to respond what should I do?

If a judgement is made will this affect my credit rating.

Thanks in advance
Page 3
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Oct 16, 10:44 PM
    • 40,372 Posts
    • 52,253 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Personally, I would email a signed and dated by hand version.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• cueball
    • By cueball 18th Oct 16, 3:12 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    cueball
    Have emailed it could only send to one email address got the following message trying to send second email

The following message to <ccbcdefendants@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk> was undeliverable.

The reason for the problem:

5.x.0 - Message bounced by administrator

• IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 18th Oct 16, 8:47 AM
    • 977 Posts
    • 1,714 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    Call them. Phone number is on the claim form
    General Election coming up? Your MP worried about his/her job? Give them something to do and get them to sort out these parking cowboys. Search "Theyworkforyou" for the name of your MP.
    • cueball
    • By cueball 18th Oct 16, 8:46 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    cueball
    Ok I have resent my defence with a signed copy, it's in the lap of the gods now
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 19th Oct 16, 12:30 PM
    • 977 Posts
    • 1,714 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    Ok I have resent my defence with a signed copy,

Did you call to confirm they have received and logged it. Just to ensure nothing has gone wrong again.
    General Election coming up? Your MP worried about his/her job? Give them something to do and get them to sort out these parking cowboys. Search "Theyworkforyou" for the name of your MP.
    • cueball
    • By cueball 19th Oct 16, 10:21 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    cueball
    Hi they were closed by the time I had got home yesterday. I have an email confirmation to say that it was received and that in the next few days. When will a part 18 be required by ?

thanks
    • cueball
    • By cueball 21st Oct 16, 6:31 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    cueball
    Did you call to confirm they have received and logged it. Just to ensure nothing has gone wrong again.
    Originally posted by IamEmanresu

Hi there is a problem could I PM one of you for some advice, prefer not to post on the forum in the first instance

thanks in advance
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Oct 16, 10:20 PM
    • 40,372 Posts
    • 52,253 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I don't accept pm's so put it here on the thread.

Do not reply to a pm from a newish poster, obviously, even if they offer to help!

If it's about Part 18 then it's less important than your defence.

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.

• cueball
    • By cueball 22nd Oct 16, 12:23 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    cueball
    Hi Thanks
    it's not about the Part 18 yet

it is about the defence and I didn't want to post on the thread and as it has been mentioned that these unscrupulous scumbags monitor these posts, I don't want to divulge anything that may harm my defence.
    • cueball
    • By cueball 25th Oct 16, 8:25 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    cueball
    Hi

Disaster averted will elaborate soon.
    So the defence was logged yesterday just awaiting correspondence from the courts. So the next step will be the Part 18 then, I'll draft this up and post it shortly

thanks for the help so far
    • cueball
    • By cueball 7th Nov 16, 8:46 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    cueball
    Hi
    I have received the Directions Questionnaire (N180) form the courts and also one from MIL filled in though not signed just (MIL Collections Ltd) in the signature box and a letter signed by the infamous Matt Murdoch.

I just want to make sure I tick all the right boxes and that my Part 18 (draft below) is correct and that I send copies of (N180) and Part 18 to the courts and MIL

1. Confirm that you have in your possession the original deed of assignment duly executed and containing details of the alleged debt.
    2. Confirm that it is available for inspection and where this might conveniently be conduct-ed.
    3. Confirm that you are able to provide certified copies of it and that the original will be produced at court.
    4. Confirm the full name and address for service of the director(s) or company officer(s) of the purported assignor responsible for assigning the debt to yourselves.
    5. Confirm that you have all the documentation produced by the assignor in support of the alleged existence of a debt and their compliance with the relevant legislation and that you are able to supply certified copies of it.
    This is not a request for copies of documentation.
    TAKE NOTICE THAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THE INFORMATION REQUESTED WITHIN 14 DAYS OF SERVICE Further I require that the above information be provided in the form a statement of truth duly signed by an authorised signatory.
    • cueball
    • By cueball 7th Nov 16, 2:55 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    cueball
    Thanks

having read Bargepole's advice I do have a couple of questions,
    What is the likelihood of the case reaching court ?

And who is the "defendant" as I mentioned in an earlier post #47 I had a problem with the initial defence. It was returned as I was responding as the defendant and the court said that the keeper/addressee is the defendant (which isn't me I was the driver).

So my next question is do both the keeper and the driver (defendant) have to turn up at court
    • Redx
    • By Redx 7th Nov 16, 3:09 PM
    • 12,405 Posts
    • 14,782 Thanks
    Redx
    it is likely to be discontinued just before court, if it is strongly contested , otherwise it will DEFINITELY go before the court

the defendant is the person served with the paperwork by the court - ie:- named on the court papers

this is not being claimed by the parking company , it is a purchased "alleged debt" and MIL are issuing the claim for the purchased debt, not the parking event
    Last edited by Redx; 07-11-2016 at 3:57 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • cueball
    • By cueball 7th Nov 16, 3:25 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    cueball
    Thanks

so in the DQ section D3 do I put 2 witnesses being the keeper and me the driver in case it does reach court
    • cueball
    • By cueball 3rd Dec 16, 1:00 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    cueball
    Hi an update as to where we are now.
    MIL have sent us a letter "Part 36 Offer" of a reduced fee for £100 as a final payment in full.

We have not responded to this and have mow received a "Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track (Hearing).

There is a short sentence towards the bottom of this letter that is concerning it says "Part 18 request of the defendant is struck out (see Civil Procedure Rules Part 27.2(1)(f) which provides Part 18 does NOT apply in small claims.

Does this mean that they are now likely to find in favour of MIL

thanks in advance for any info
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Dec 16, 3:03 PM
    • 40,372 Posts
    • 52,253 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    No it doesn't, don't worry about it. And don't accept MIL's offers to pay less. Stick with it.

• NikkiP90
    • By NikkiP90 3rd Dec 16, 3:50 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    NikkiP90
    County court business form - It it genuine?
    Hello advice needed please, I've received a few letters from the 'carpark cowboys' demanding money for a parking fine I got for over staying on private land. I've now received a letter from 'County court business' which I don't think looks genuine. Does anyone know how I upload a photo on here?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 3rd Dec 16, 4:08 PM
    • 12,405 Posts
    • 14,782 Thanks
    Redx
    please start a thread of your own , using the red NEW THREAD button , top left of this parking sub-forum

pictures cannot be "uploaded" here , its not a hosting site

if the form is from Northampton Business Centre , its genuine , if in doubt login online to check, or telephone them , read the NEWBIES sticky thread too
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • cueball
    • By cueball 4th Dec 16, 1:27 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    cueball
    Thanks CM was worried with the strike out by the court of the Part 18.
    Do we need to do anything else the date for the hearing is 27 Jan, the letter also says that "each party shall deliver to every party and to the court office copies of all documents (including any experts report) on which he intends to rely at the hearing no later than 14 days before the hearing".
    • Redx
    • By Redx 4th Dec 16, 9:13 AM
    • 12,405 Posts
    • 14,782 Thanks
    Redx
    this is all covered in great detail by CM and especially by bargepole in the NEWBIES sticky thread, post #1

please read it asap

ie:- any "lawyer" who hasnt read those details has a fool for a client"
    Newbies !!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,214Posts Today

5,643Users online

Martin's Twitter