Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • martinthebandit
    • By martinthebandit 21st Sep 16, 9:37 AM
    • 2,791Posts
    • 4,531Thanks
    martinthebandit
    Cats should be kept off the streets
    • 21st Sep 16, 9:37 AM
    Cats should be kept off the streets 21st Sep 16 at 9:37 AM
    More here

http://stv.tv/news/uk/1367653-cats-should-be-kept-off-the-streets-conservationist-claims/

About time there was a sensible debate about the responsibilities of cat owners
    Politics -
    from the words Poli, meaning many
    and tics meaning blood sucking parasites

(thanks to Kinky Friedman (or Larry Hardman) for the quote}
Page 2
    • BJV
    • By BJV 22nd Sep 16, 2:04 PM
    • 1,925 Posts
    • 2,900 Thanks
    BJV
    Could not agree more with the vast majority of posts. Some cats do kill birds, a vast amount either are not capable or not bother. It is not the cats fault instead it is the owners with a lack of respect for their animals. Or a simple lack of understanding about what it actually means to own a cat. I have two and they climb trees in the garden chase each other around and yes on the odd occasion they have caught a mouse.

We encourage wildlife into our garden and are so pleased that we now have squirrels. Grey not red ( shame ) but amazing creatures. Humans are the real enemy of birds.

As a previous post suggested this argument only stands up if you are able to compare the amount of birds killed by cats against the amount of birds killed by pollution? over population? destruction of habitats.

Do I think that stray cats should be destroyed???? no instead they should be spayed. Not their fault it is ours for not having stricter ownership rules.
    Happiness, Health and Wealth in that order please!
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 22nd Sep 16, 2:43 PM
    • 3,283 Posts
    • 12,125 Thanks
    indesisiv
    I get that some people don't like cats, I don't like the rabble of teenagers that gather and make noise outside my garden I am not expecting their parents to stop them going outside, just like cats do as cats do, they are doing as teenagers do. Maybe I should try squirting them with a water pistol
    Originally posted by iammumtoone
    Do I think that stray cats should be destroyed???? no instead they should be spayed. Not their fault it is ours for not having stricter ownership rules.
    Originally posted by BJV
    Maybe BJV has the right idea and we should apply this to the stray teenagers too.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
    • BJV
    • By BJV 22nd Sep 16, 2:50 PM
    • 1,925 Posts
    • 2,900 Thanks
    BJV
    Maybe BJV has the right idea and we should apply this to the stray teenagers too.
    Originally posted by indesisiv
    Was just about to say no it would only work with mute dumb animals???? Ok well having a 13 year old with a touch of the Kevin's yes it could work ha ha
    Happiness, Health and Wealth in that order please!
    • surveyqueenuk
    • By surveyqueenuk 22nd Sep 16, 11:29 PM
    • 383 Posts
    • 1,193 Thanks
    surveyqueenuk
    Think youll find thats natural selection
    Originally posted by Exile_geordie
    Natural selection or not, I still have to spend time and money making sure they don't carp in my garden.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

397Posts Today

4,062Users online

Martin's Twitter