Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Simba-ali34
    • By Simba-ali34 20th Sep 16, 11:03 PM
    • 63Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Simba-ali34
    Dental implant advise
    • 20th Sep 16, 11:03 PM
    Dental implant advise 20th Sep 16 at 11:03 PM
    Hello,

I am just enquiring to see if anyone has any experience with dental care plus implants?. They claim to be 40 % cheaper than the average due to only doing implants but this makes me question the quality. I need 2 implants done.
Page 1
    • sunlovesme
    • By sunlovesme 3rd Oct 16, 1:47 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    sunlovesme
    • 3rd Oct 16, 1:47 PM
    • 3rd Oct 16, 1:47 PM
    Hi, I will probably have to undergo dental implants treatment, but would like to find affordable centers. A few friends of mine have undergone their treatment in Poland, Hungary and Israel, cos of friendly pocket prices. Does anyone recommend using services provided by dentalimplantsfriends or medigo to undergo my treatment at overseas clinics? Would it better to organise by myself?
    • thestens
    • By thestens 11th Oct 16, 3:56 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    thestens
    • 11th Oct 16, 3:56 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 3:56 PM
    Don't even think about abroad! I had All on 4 implants in June and although I have had no major problems I've been back and forward to the dentist for minor adjustments checks, etc, numerous times. My dentist is 1 1/4 hrs from me and that has been annoying enough - I can't even contemplate what would have happened if they had been abroad!!!
    • Simba-ali34
    • By Simba-ali34 20th Oct 16, 8:42 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Simba-ali34
    • 20th Oct 16, 8:42 PM
    • 20th Oct 16, 8:42 PM
    How much were your implants? Im not going abroad but I've been quoted £1800 by a company dental care plus and £3000 by a local dentist. Not sure which one is closer to today's price for a good job.
    • sarahss1686
    • By sarahss1686 21st Oct 16, 8:37 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sarahss1686
    • 21st Oct 16, 8:37 AM
    • 21st Oct 16, 8:37 AM
    I recently did my implants with Dentzz dental in Delhi. It was not cheap but was economical and was worth every penny. I have written my complete experience on Dentzz review blog.
    • thestens
    • By thestens 21st Oct 16, 3:15 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    thestens
    • 21st Oct 16, 3:15 PM
    • 21st Oct 16, 3:15 PM
    But what will you do if anything goes wrong??? You will need to visit for checks and what about maintenance? My implant dentist is 1 1/4 hrs away and that's enough bother! it could work out very expensive - you'll either have to hop on a plane or find someone in UK who will look after them for you.
    • sunlovesme
    • By sunlovesme 22nd Oct 16, 2:16 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    sunlovesme
    • 22nd Oct 16, 2:16 PM
    • 22nd Oct 16, 2:16 PM
    thestens- probably will visit a clinic again. Just lots of ladies travel to Czech rep, Poland, Greece or Spain to undergo ivf treatment or ivf with donor eggs. They usually visit clinics two or three times and spend about one-two weeks in a country. Best clinics get about 50% success rates, it means that every second treatment falls. And what do women do, when ivf treatment fails? They visit overseas clinics again cos of siginificant price difference. Ladies can afford one protocol in the US or the UK, but three protocols in Czech or Poland.
    • thestens
    • By thestens 23rd Oct 16, 10:50 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    thestens
    • 23rd Oct 16, 10:50 PM
    • 23rd Oct 16, 10:50 PM
    But what are they going to do if implants fail? Not the same as failed ivf,which is sad but doesn't leave you with teeth that need fixing! No good being able to afford the implant but not manage the aftercare!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

283Posts Today

1,710Users online

Martin's Twitter