Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • marmaduke80
    • By marmaduke80 20th Sep 16, 8:08 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 3Thanks
    marmaduke80
    DWP hasn't logged any of my complaints or even the incident. MP does not care
    • 20th Sep 16, 8:08 PM
    DWP hasn't logged any of my complaints or even the incident. MP does not care 20th Sep 16 at 8:08 PM
    About a year ago I signed on through the DWP website but managed to find employment before my first interview. I need my housing benefit to continue so the council asked me to obtain evidence of my online claim date. On the same day I went to my local DWP and asked for this, they said no problem but I needed ID (I didn't have any on me). The next day I go there with my passport and they then said "no you need to do that via freedom of information act", I said "I will not leave without this info", their reply being "fine go sit over there then".A few hours later a security guard said I had to leave and I refused, then he grabbed me and throw me down then started to strangle me shouting "I'm going to f**king kill you". The police arrived and arrested me then de arrested me. The police said then that I punched the security guard, now they are saying...

"2 floor walkers at the office were spoken to by police. They told police that they had not seen any assault by either party.". Ref: Police Email

I have recently found out from my MP that...

" informed them that the CCO that Mr ****** spoke of was no longer working at Southampton Jobcentre" Ref: Email from MP

and that the DWP never logged this

"They also checked with the team who maintain a log of incidents that occur in the Jobcentre to see whether any information was held relating to the incident you experienced in Southampton Jobcentre. Unfortunately they were unable to locate any information detailing the incident. " Ref: Email from MP (even though I made many complaints at the time)

When it happened I went on a mental breakdown, lost my job and then couldn't sign back on as I the DWP refused to discuss anything with me (I didn't know if he was still there or not). I have had a very abusive childhood and that really broke me, I could not face going back to the DWP to sign on but they said I had no choice. I went a year without being able to claim JSA and during that time I literally lost my mind/self harm/depression and suicidal, I couldn't afford the meds the doctors prescribed. I tried talking to CAB,Turn2us,stepchange and MP but none of them helped, about 2 months ago I spoke to my doctor and she refereed me to a charity named 2saints who then got me signed on in a screened area.

I understand that many people do not like people on JSA but even 5 days after me being able to sign on, I done a week temp work. Right now I am working. Its impossible to find and get work with zero income and I had a year of such a horrible life due to this, I feel like they owe me for the debt I am now in, I also need to understand why cases like this are not logged in the DWP.
    I am talking to another MP who is helping me but his not the same MP I spoke to when this happened.

Thank you heaps for reading and I apologize for grammar and spelling, never been my strong point and I am always so angry still because of what happened.

Also now the DWP are using words like alleged/what you say happened, its like they are in complete denial of anything ever taking place. I have crime reference numbers, police reports and all the complaints I logged in that year of it.

I have it confirmed by police reports that the CCO was shouting "I'm going to f**king kill you"

I know what your thinking, "what did I do to get that reaction?" , I swear nothing, I have never been in trouble with the police, I have been in the military and never been violent towards anyone, I have no criminal record, I swear on my life I didn't do anything to the CCO and his behavior not only shocked me but I even remember his colleagues saying "CALM DOWN! MATE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING"

I have confirmed the date and time of the incident by asking the police. DWP "no nothing happened, you never made any complaints" (I do have some copies of complaints in my email).
    Last edited by marmaduke80; 20-09-2016 at 10:03 PM.
Page 1
    • sangie595
    • By sangie595 20th Sep 16, 9:16 PM
    • 2,057 Posts
    • 3,282 Thanks
    sangie595
    • 20th Sep 16, 9:16 PM
    • 20th Sep 16, 9:16 PM
    I'm not entirely sure why you are posting. There isn't a question in here. Isn't this best left to the MP? I doubt we could suggest anything that they can't.
    • marmaduke80
    • By marmaduke80 20th Sep 16, 9:30 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    marmaduke80
    • 20th Sep 16, 9:30 PM
    • 20th Sep 16, 9:30 PM
    I need help because I don't believe it is right what they have done to me, last MP reply....

Dear *******

I have no idea what you think the relevance of my opinion is on the DWP, I work in an MPs office.

All best wishes

Alex

Alex Houghton | Administrative Officer
    Office of Royston Smith MP
    Member of Parliament for Southampton Itchen

Constituency Office
    70 Dean Road
    Southampton
    SO18 6AN

T: 023 8047 3309
    W: [

House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
    T: 020 7219 5226

PS – I may wish to write to you from time to time to keep you informed on issues which you may find of interest. Please let me know if you do not wish to be contacted for this purpose.

I asked him if he thought it was okay for the DWP not to log incidents or complaints

How do I take this further? I went to everyplace I can, I really don't believe what I have been through is acceptable, should I start protesting or something now?
    Last edited by marmaduke80; 20-09-2016 at 9:39 PM.
    • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    • By ScorpiondeRooftrouser 21st Sep 16, 8:32 AM
    • 983 Posts
    • 1,325 Thanks
    ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    • 21st Sep 16, 8:32 AM
    • 21st Sep 16, 8:32 AM
    I need help because I don't believe it is right what they have done to me, last MP reply....

Dear *******

I have no idea what you think the relevance of my opinion is on the DWP, I work in an MPs office.

All best wishes

Alex

Alex Houghton | Administrative Officer
    Office of Royston Smith MP
    Member of Parliament for Southampton Itchen

Constituency Office
    70 Dean Road
    Southampton
    SO18 6AN

T: 023 8047 3309
    W: [

House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
    T: 020 7219 5226

PS – I may wish to write to you from time to time to keep you informed on issues which you may find of interest. Please let me know if you do not wish to be contacted for this purpose.

I asked him if he thought it was okay for the DWP not to log incidents or complaints

How do I take this further? I went to everyplace I can, I really don't believe what I have been through is acceptable, should I start protesting or something now?
    Originally posted by marmaduke80

That's plainly not a reply from your MP. That's a reply from someone who works in his office. You appear to have directed your question to him personally, and he has responded personally.
    • sangie595
    • By sangie595 21st Sep 16, 9:10 AM
    • 2,057 Posts
    • 3,282 Thanks
    sangie595
    • 21st Sep 16, 9:10 AM
    • 21st Sep 16, 9:10 AM
    I so know that it is a mistake saying anything here, but I'll try anyway.

OP if your MP cannot help, then you have to move on.

I may have misread things here, but as far as I can see the people who were in the place at the time say that they saw nothing. The police may have been there after the event, but they don't seem to confirm any actual criminal incident took place. They didn't see anything at all because they were not there. So it is your word against everyone else's. I'm not saying that you are lying, but you have no evidence of what happened. The DWP staff say they saw nothing. The police saw nothing. And presumably none of the people who were in the place at the time stepped forward as witnesses? So there is nothing to back up what you say happened.

I'm sorry but I think you have taken this as far as you can. There is going to be no admission that this has happened, and there is going to be no compensation. Protests are just going to make you look unbalanced. You obviously want to work and you are prepared to put effort into getting work. Put your effort into that so that you don't have to deal with the DWP again, and it'll be worth your while. Put your effort into continuing this and it will only hurt you. The DWP will never change what they are saying. And you will only end up back in that place you have been already, with a breakdown again. Please don't do that to yourself.
    • Londonsu
    • By Londonsu 21st Sep 16, 9:39 AM
    • 883 Posts
    • 1,645 Thanks
    Londonsu
    • 21st Sep 16, 9:39 AM
    • 21st Sep 16, 9:39 AM
    About a year ago I signed on through the DWP website but managed to find employment before my first interview. I need my housing benefit to continue so the council asked me to obtain evidence of my online claim date. On the same day I went to my local DWP and asked for this, they said no problem but I needed ID (I didn't have any on me). The next day I go there with my passport and they then said "no you need to do that via freedom of information act", I said "I will not leave without this info", their reply being "fine go sit over there then".A few hours later a security guard said I had to leave and I refused, then he grabbed me and throw me down then started to strangle me shouting "I'm going to f**king kill you". The police arrived and arrested me then de arrested me. The police said then that I punched the security guard, now they are saying...

"2 floor walkers at the office were spoken to by police. They told police that they had not seen any assault by either party.". Ref: Police Email

I have recently found out from my MP that...

" informed them that the CCO that Mr ****** spoke of was no longer working at Southampton Jobcentre" Ref: Email from MP

and that the DWP never logged this

"They also checked with the team who maintain a log of incidents that occur in the Jobcentre to see whether any information was held relating to the incident you experienced in Southampton Jobcentre. Unfortunately they were unable to locate any information detailing the incident. " Ref: Email from MP (even though I made many complaints at the time)

When it happened I went on a mental breakdown, lost my job and then couldn't sign back on as I the DWP refused to discuss anything with me (I didn't know if he was still there or not). I have had a very abusive childhood and that really broke me, I could not face going back to the DWP to sign on but they said I had no choice. I went a year without being able to claim JSA and during that time I literally lost my mind/self harm/depression and suicidal, I couldn't afford the meds the doctors prescribed. I tried talking to CAB,Turn2us,stepchange and MP but none of them helped, about 2 months ago I spoke to my doctor and she refereed me to a charity named 2saints who then got me signed on in a screened area.

I understand that many people do not like people on JSA but even 5 days after me being able to sign on, I done a week temp work. Right now I am working. Its impossible to find and get work with zero income and I had a year of such a horrible life due to this, I feel like they owe me for the debt I am now in, I also need to understand why cases like this are not logged in the DWP.
    I am talking to another MP who is helping me but his not the same MP I spoke to when this happened.

Thank you heaps for reading and I apologize for grammar and spelling, never been my strong point and I am always so angry still because of what happened.

Also now the DWP are using words like alleged/what you say happened, its like they are in complete denial of anything ever taking place. I have crime reference numbers, police reports and all the complaints I logged in that year of it.

I have it confirmed by police reports that the CCO was shouting "I'm going to f**king kill you"

I know what your thinking, "what did I do to get that reaction?" , I swear nothing, I have never been in trouble with the police, I have been in the military and never been violent towards anyone, I have no criminal record, I swear on my life I didn't do anything to the CCO and his behavior not only shocked me but I even remember his colleagues saying "CALM DOWN! MATE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING"

I have confirmed the date and time of the incident by asking the police. DWP "no nothing happened, you never made any complaints" (I do have some copies of complaints in my email).
    Originally posted by marmaduke80

Ok I cant help with your problem but there a couple of things that you should have been able to do which would have made your situation easier my apologies if you have already gone down these routes but if you haven't hopefully I may have been some help.

First of all your HB I don't understand why you were being asked about your benefit application when at the time you had a job, you should have been able to apply as someone with a low income, this would have been means tested but 1000s of people in low paid jobs can and do claim HB in fact it seems the largest group of new claimants for HB are actually working - so now you are working if your income is low enough I hope you are putting in an HB claim.

The second is your medication, you should never have been in the position where you couldn't afford your medication you don't need to be in receipt of qualifying benefits to get free prescriptions, if you are not medically or age exempt you should have been able to apply to join the NHS low income scheme
    http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/1125.aspx

Again depending on your new circumstances you can still apply if your income is low enough
    • Ronaldo Mconaldo
    • By Ronaldo Mconaldo 21st Sep 16, 11:56 AM
    • 4,466 Posts
    • 4,174 Thanks
    Ronaldo Mconaldo
    • 21st Sep 16, 11:56 AM
    • 21st Sep 16, 11:56 AM
    Can someone summarise this rubbish?
    • Guest101
    • By Guest101 21st Sep 16, 12:14 PM
    • 11,088 Posts
    • 10,458 Thanks
    Guest101
    • 21st Sep 16, 12:14 PM
    • 21st Sep 16, 12:14 PM
    OP was being obtuse in the JobCentre. Overzealous security guard overstepped his authority.

Police found insufficient evidence of any wrong doing

Security Guard no longer works there

OP is basically looking for a pay out
    • maninthestreet
    • By maninthestreet 21st Sep 16, 2:33 PM
    • 14,820 Posts
    • 13,040 Thanks
    maninthestreet
    • 21st Sep 16, 2:33 PM
    • 21st Sep 16, 2:33 PM
    Probably far too late now, but don't they have cctv in job centres???
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 21st Sep 16, 2:46 PM
    • 27,175 Posts
    • 17,247 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Just move on OP, look to the future and not the past.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • FBaby
    • By FBaby 21st Sep 16, 4:13 PM
    • 13,751 Posts
    • 35,340 Thanks
    FBaby
    If you really believe that you have been the victim of violence by the the DWP and that the police investigation was wrong, then didn't anyone suggested complaining to the ombudsman? That's assume you complained to the DPW and asked that they do an internal investigation and you felt that this investigation wasn't carried out properly.

It seem quite odd that all the agencies that are supposed to be there in a supporting role all said they couldn't help you.
    • sangie595
    • By sangie595 21st Sep 16, 4:47 PM
    • 2,057 Posts
    • 3,282 Thanks
    sangie595
    The OP is currently WORKING.
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam5; 22-09-2016 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Quoting deleted post
    • Mersey
    • By Mersey 22nd Sep 16, 12:44 AM
    • 1,085 Posts
    • 493 Thanks
    Mersey
    Sorry to hear what happened to you.

Sadly, the DWP do often lose documents (they once 'lost' the appeal documents for 2 years of a claimant I helped)

You can write to the COO of the DWP @

DWP HQ
    PO Box 50101
    London
    SW1P 2WU

Although best emailing: correspondence@dwp.gsi.gov.uk so there's proof.

It's nonsense (and maladministration) for JCP staff to inform you that you need to send an FoI request in, simply in order to obtain proof of your online claim start date.

Whilst it may be that they could not print off this proof (that's true if you claim Universal Credit), they can view this information, so could merely sign a letter confirming this for you to hand in to the local authority for HB purposes.

Incidentally, although your MP is new, he has a good reputation and as an ex Council leader [& I think ex-military so should be sympathetic if you mention you are] he should be aware of HB problems resulting from welfare reform and IT issues, particularly involving JSA & UC. So you could request an appointment with him, or politely ask his staff to inform the MP that you wish him to escalate the complaint, as the DWP are not responding.
    Last edited by Mersey; 22-09-2016 at 12:53 AM.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
    • Guest101
    • By Guest101 22nd Sep 16, 8:15 AM
    • 11,088 Posts
    • 10,458 Thanks
    Guest101
    Also remember subject access requests are via the DPA not FOI
    • Bogalot
    • By Bogalot 22nd Sep 16, 11:01 AM
    • 148 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    Bogalot
    There is more information on reddit, as well as an update. Another fracas at the Jobcentre and he's been signed off from his job of two weeks.

Hmmn, not sure what to think, there's certainly more than one side to this story.

Am I allowed to link to the other thread? If not Google will bring it up, same title.
    • sangie595
    • By sangie595 22nd Sep 16, 11:20 AM
    • 2,057 Posts
    • 3,282 Thanks
    sangie595
    There is more information on reddit, as well as an update. Another fracas at the Jobcentre and he's been signed off from his job of two weeks.

Hmmn, not sure what to think, there's certainly more than one side to this story.

Am I allowed to link to the other thread? If not Google will bring it up, same title.
    Originally posted by Bogalot
    Yes, I agree. It was confusing enough to start off, but the additional information appears to make it even more so. What did seem to be clear is that there is no evidence of anything.

I don't think I would be suggesting anything other than I already have. Continuing to have repeated run ins with the DWP is not helping the OP. And dialing an emergency number for the police is going to get them into a lot more trouble. This dispute is not going anywhere and the poster needs to move on.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,383Posts Today

7,404Users online

Martin's Twitter