Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • strangeotron
    • By strangeotron 20th Sep 16, 3:12 PM
    • 488Posts
    • 385Thanks
    strangeotron
    Talk Talk - Internet Problems
    • 20th Sep 16, 3:12 PM
    Talk Talk - Internet Problems 20th Sep 16 at 3:12 PM
    Their service is dreadful.

Every day for no discernible reason on at least 1 occasion the connection will crap out and I have to switch the router off for about ten minutes before I can get it to work again.

When it does happen it happens every day between 6-7pm, possibly other times as well.

Why?
Page 2
  • TalkTalk Company Representative
    Hi Strageotron,

We don't advertise or canvas for business at all on these sites. My team provide support on twitter, please contact us if you would like us to help you. We will need to take some account info from you which we can't do on this site.

BT Openreach engineers would not provide replacement routers. Any equipment testing should be completed before a fault is referred to BTOR.

Thanks
    Emma (no need for the quotation marks)
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Fortyfoot
    • By Fortyfoot 27th Sep 16, 7:56 PM
    • 1,674 Posts
    • 880 Thanks
    Fortyfoot
    I too am fed up with TT, phone calls from Africa trying to get personal details, broadband down every Saturday afternoon as well as other times.
    Last edited by Fortyfoot; 27-09-2016 at 8:10 PM. Reason: New post.
    • strangeotron
    • By strangeotron 1st Oct 16, 8:48 AM
    • 488 Posts
    • 385 Thanks
    strangeotron
    Hi Strageotron,

We don't advertise or canvas for business at all on these sites. My team provide support on twitter, please contact us if you would like us to help you. We will need to take some account info from you which we can't do on this site.

BT Openreach engineers would not provide replacement routers. Any equipment testing should be completed before a fault is referred to BTOR.

Thanks
    Emma (no need for the quotation marks)
    Originally posted by TalkTalk Company Representative
    Why does your company give free routers, when people sign up, that aren't fit for purpose?

How can you possibly expect to help people on twitter?
    • strangeotron
    • By strangeotron 1st Oct 16, 8:54 AM
    • 488 Posts
    • 385 Thanks
    strangeotron
    I too am fed up with TT, phone calls from Africa trying to get personal details, broadband down every Saturday afternoon as well as other times.
    Originally posted by Fortyfoot
    I would think the very least they could do to people being scammed like this should be a free service. I think it's outrageous to say the least to wash your hands of such a massive abrogation of responsibility
    • Fortyfoot
    • By Fortyfoot 1st Oct 16, 9:44 AM
    • 1,674 Posts
    • 880 Thanks
    Fortyfoot
    I would think the very least they could do to people being scammed like this should be a free service. I think it's outrageous to say the least to wash your hands of such a massive abrogation of responsibility
    Originally posted by strangeotron
    Some were offered free upgrade to "all calls", we were not.
    • strangeotron
    • By strangeotron 1st Oct 16, 6:54 PM
    • 488 Posts
    • 385 Thanks
    strangeotron
    Neither were we
  • TalkTalk Company Representative
    Hi strangeotron,

We have a support team dedicated to helping customers on Twitter. Please drop us a tweet and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,
    Becky
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,626Posts Today

7,515Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @c_newbery: @MartinSLewis Can't bring myself to vote for option A because of lack of apostrophe - some things are too precious! #grammar?

• MSE weekly email: Soap&Glory, Urgent 2YR cheap energy, free Tesco pts, cheap Easyjet, free TSB £100, £52 Ray-Bans https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's twitter poll: Is it acceptable to use bad grammar in tweets in order to reduce character length?

• Follow Martin