Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• ultimatefighter
    • By ultimatefighter 20th Sep 16, 3:06 PM
    • 115Posts
    • 11Thanks
    Tenant Fees - Infuriating
    • 20th Sep 16, 3:06 PM
    Tenant Fees - Infuriating 20th Sep 16 at 3:06 PM
    I am about to move into a property however as a tenant, the agency want £355 in fees.

£240 for admin
    £115 for check in

Tenant ref actual cost £20
    Tenancy agreement cost £0 as copied and pasted from others simply time (doesn't take an hour to amend details)
    Survey of Property.

I spoke with the director of the letting agency who did not want to reduce fees whatsoever. He was not up for negotiating in the slightest.

What can one do about this aside from pay the £40 to £50 it costs for the survey oneself and avoid the £115

But the £240 for admin... that's £220 spare..

the landlord is also being charged.
Page 6
    • Guest101
    • By Guest101 10th Oct 16, 8:15 PM
    • 11,479 Posts
    • 10,794 Thanks
    I believe you and thank you for the explanation, but I still don't think it would work . I saw my landlord (one of, they are a couple) last week and explained I wouldn't be able to pay the renewal fee till literally a day before my contract ends and she said that would be fine, nothing about me not having to go through that process. So I don't think they would be happy otherwise unfortunately.

All ll I know is my HB is being paid until the end of the tenancy period on my last contract and I'd need to provide them with the new one signed be me and the landlord to process the new claim as is true of all councils I think? They won't pay unless they see such a document.

The LL is actually going to cut out the maintenance part of what they are paying for property management services as it just creates more issues but explained to me they'd still be paying for the admin/collection of rent etc portion.
    Originally posted by preciousillusions
    That is not true of all councils at all, in fact the council reacting very unethically forcing you to spend money on something you don't need
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

182Posts Today

1,347Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just changed my profile description. Wish I was cool and brave enough to go for one of those really short ones!

• Happy with my 15k time today, one of my fastest 1:18:56. Managing to keep up my 150k a month target.

• That's why I'm asking question. To see whether people perceive they are or aren't.

• Follow Martin