Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• madlyn
    • By madlyn 20th Sep 16, 12:23 PM
    • 503Posts
    • 81Thanks
    0 WOW
    • 20th Sep 16, 12:23 PM
    0 WOW
    dovedale 20th Sep 16 at 12:23 PM
    The OH and I are thinking of visiting dovedale later in the week. I have looked on the internet at walking routes but I personally find them very confusing.
    Can anyone recommend a walk starting at dovedale with the possibility of a nice pub along the way for lunch.
Page 1
    • helcat26
    • By helcat26 29th Sep 16, 2:21 PM
    • 779 Posts
    • 2,055 Thanks
    • 29th Sep 16, 2:21 PM
    • 29th Sep 16, 2:21 PM
    The classic "dovedale" walk usually starts from the car park and then follows the river seeing stepping stones etc on the way. The walk is only short- 2-3 miles, there is a shop selling refreshment at the opposite end to the car park, but no pub.
    The walk is so short though you could walk end to end and back and then go to a pub after. There are plenty of pubs in Ashbourne. The George is nice in Alstonefield.

Here is a bit of info with the suggest of Ilam hall to park at and stay
    • culpepper
    • By culpepper 11th Oct 16, 3:00 PM
    • 3,674 Posts
    • 5,836 Thanks
    • 11th Oct 16, 3:00 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 3:00 PM
    This site was recommended to us recently.
    It has numerous walks to print out and they are apparently very well laid out and easy to follow.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,791Posts Today

7,130Users online

Martin's Twitter