Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mickeymouse303
    • By mickeymouse303 20th Sep 16, 11:38 AM
    • 168Posts
    • 858Thanks
    mickeymouse303
    Laser eye surgery
    • 20th Sep 16, 11:38 AM
    Laser eye surgery 20th Sep 16 at 11:38 AM
    Has anyone had laser eye surgery? I've been considering and asking around and I want as much info from people as possible. Is it worth the cost? How much of an improvement is it on glasses?
Page 3
    • mickeymouse303
    • By mickeymouse303 6th Dec 16, 11:27 AM
    • 168 Posts
    • 858 Thanks
    mickeymouse303
    I had consultation with Optimax and it went great. They were really friendly & informative about the options available to me. They explained the payment options which I really liked.
    • Wendy.taylor
    • By Wendy.taylor 27th May 17, 10:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Wendy.taylor
    Can anyone help
    After having a consultation for laser eye surgery with Optical express I was told that because of my age over 53 and being over 40, my Rehumatoid Arthritis that I take a medication that stops things from healing and reduces my amune system that these things were going against me and also suffering with dry eye which is a big contender of laser eye surgery and that it does not go away.the way I was told I thought that I was been refused treatment but I was wrong I need my GPS concent I was told to go away and think about it but having been witnessed my signature of consent before seeing this consultant and actually paying £500 deposit and £3631 pound for the the rest of the treatment which has gone from my credit card I have decided it is to much of a risk as other things were pointed out I rang to cancel but the person I spoke to said she had been told this before she had her treatment, she then went on to persuad me to attend the appointment I came of the phone feeling more worried about having the procured so I rang again and was told I would only get a part refund and would only get a full refund when they received a doctors note has anyone had the same experience.
    • squirrelchops
    • By squirrelchops 28th May 17, 12:02 AM
    • 1,793 Posts
    • 2,872 Thanks
    squirrelchops
    I had LASIK in 2013 with Ultralase Cardiff. Best thing I have done.

I was so nervous I cried on the day but honestly if I can do it anyone. It didn't hurt just a little uncomfortable for a few seconds from the suction cup. Also no one forewarned me you smell burning.

The most uncomfortable bit was about 4 hours post op when eyes would not stop streaming. Was a relief to go to bed. Again no one told me that....people focus on the op. Just make sure you apply the eye drops religiously. I had no complications.

Also I did research the surgeon which one should do.
    • C_Mababejive
    • By C_Mababejive 29th May 17, 10:15 AM
    • 10,268 Posts
    • 9,317 Thanks
    C_Mababejive
    Good to hear you had a positive experience squirrelchops. Do you happen to know your prescription/refractive error prior to surgery?
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
    • squirrelchops
    • By squirrelchops 10th Jun 17, 6:33 PM
    • 1,793 Posts
    • 2,872 Thanks
    squirrelchops
    [QUOTE=C_Mababejive;72617740]Good to hear you had a positive experience squirrelchops. Do you happen to know your prescription/refractive error prior to surgery?[/QUOTE

Apologies for delay - only just logged onto this thread again.

My contact lens prescription was -5.25 and -4.75. I also had astigmatism is 1 eye.
    • Lukoind
    • By Lukoind 13th Jun 17, 4:12 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Lukoind
    I'm planning to do one, but afraid of dry eyes. With contact lenses eyes become dry, no matter, how many brands I tried..
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,046Posts Today

6,729Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin