Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • icebergx
    • By icebergx 19th Sep 16, 6:50 PM
    • 615Posts
    • 81Thanks
    icebergx
    Recommendations to wrap trim and paint alloys (London)
    • 19th Sep 16, 6:50 PM
    Recommendations to wrap trim and paint alloys (London) 19th Sep 16 at 6:50 PM
    Hi all,

I'm picking up my "nearly new" Jaguar KF on Friday and, as with all nearly new cars, you need to compromise compared to ideal spec. As a result, I'm looking at ways to customise the car to make it look as I'd want.

Here it is:

The main things that I want to get done are:
    1) Wrapping some of the brushed metal trim in gloss black (two "blades" on lower-front air intake, front-grille surround, side power vents and thin trim on boot)
    2) Getting the "19 alloys painted gloss black

Does anyone have any recommendations for places in London where I could get these works done at a reasonable cost, in London?
    What would be a reasonable estimate to get this work completed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

R.
Page 2
    • Iceweasel
    • By Iceweasel 21st Sep 16, 8:42 AM
    • 3,958 Posts
    • 2,833 Thanks
    Iceweasel
    LOL... This has turned into a pretty weird thread.
    People who equate black wheels to being/looking like a Chav... That says more about you, than it does about anyone else.
    Originally posted by icebergx
    They are not chavs - they are simply lazy people who don't want to spend time cleaning their wheels.
    • rs65
    • By rs65 21st Sep 16, 9:12 PM
    • 4,844 Posts
    • 2,273 Thanks
    rs65
    The main things that I want to get done are:
    1) Wrapping some of the brushed metal trim in gloss black (two "blades" on lower-front air intake, front-grille surround, side power vents and thin trim on boot)
    Originally posted by icebergx
    You can get a black pack for new XFs. Can you buy the parts separately?
    • icebergx
    • By icebergx 22nd Sep 16, 1:00 AM
    • 615 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    icebergx
    You can get a black pack for new XFs. Can you buy the parts separately?
    Originally posted by rs65
    I'm not sure you can buy them separately , but I'll ask tomorrow, when I speak to the guy from the dealership. If not, I've been quoted £50 to wrap the trim in black, via a reputable workshop who do this kind of stuff. I'd be hard pressed to find it much cheaper imo.
    • Car 54
    • By Car 54 22nd Sep 16, 7:19 AM
    • 1,228 Posts
    • 735 Thanks
    Car 54
    They are not chavs - they are simply lazy people who don't want to spend time cleaning their wheels.
    Originally posted by Iceweasel
    Maybe they're neither chavs nor lazy. Maybe, like me, they have many things they'd rather do than wash a car.

And I'd rather have dirty wheels than black ones.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,747Posts Today

7,475Users online

Martin's Twitter