Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shibiddy
    • By shibiddy 19th Sep 16, 5:11 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 4Thanks
    shibiddy
    Can I claim the admin fees I paid an estate agents back?
    • 19th Sep 16, 5:11 PM
    Can I claim the admin fees I paid an estate agents back? 19th Sep 16 at 5:11 PM
    I moved into a studio flat in London which was for single professionals. I asked the agent if its OK if my partner stays nights and the way he replied was "yeaahhh that's fine that won't be a problem' so from this i presumed they were not too concerned about who stays or goes.

So my partner has some issues with his current landlord and decides to stay with me. What i didn't know was my landlords son lived above and saw this and complained to the agents. On top of that he complained about me being pregnant.

I get a call from agents and hes somewhat intimidating saying they never gave me permission for my partner to come and stay and that because im pregnant they will not extend my contract after the minimum tenancy.

So I told him OK i will find somewhere to go and i gave him a month notice as he said he will return my deposit if i find someone to take the flat so I did.

He issued me a refund a deposit minus a £50 booking out fee and I was not refunded the £200 admin fees.

Can I claim those back?
Page 2
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 20th Sep 16, 9:36 PM
    • 17,106 Posts
    • 13,575 Thanks
    wealdroam
    According to that a landlord would have to accept children in a house they thought it was unsuitable for...
    Originally posted by takman
    Yes, that's right.

It really doesn't matter that the landlord thinks it's unsuitable for children. That decision is for the tenant.
    • shibiddy
    • By shibiddy 22nd Sep 16, 3:19 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    shibiddy
    I have been told by the agency they will refund admin fee due to the circumstances
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,595Posts Today

8,172Users online

Martin's Twitter