Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pshuttle
    • By pshuttle 19th Sep 16, 12:56 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    pshuttle
    Egg Loan Information Request
    • 19th Sep 16, 12:56 PM
    Egg Loan Information Request 19th Sep 16 at 12:56 PM
    Does anybody have a contact number or e-mail address for Canada Square for an Egg Loan PPI claim? I have some, but not all of my original loan agreement and documentation and need a full copy before putting in a claim.

Do I just have to write to them using snail mail? If so, no doubt there will be an admin cost?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 19th Sep 16, 1:34 PM
    • 16,821 Posts
    • 7,456 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 19th Sep 16, 1:34 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 1:34 PM
    A Subject Access Request (SAR) costs £10, but why do you need this documentation?
    If you already know the account details you can complain now if you have reason to.
    How long ago was this?
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 19th Sep 16, 2:25 PM
    • 2,607 Posts
    • 1,384 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 19th Sep 16, 2:25 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 2:25 PM
    You can complain without full copies of your data, this may only be needed to establish dates and amounts paid

Just write to them (for free, google "canada square" and you'll get their address) and explain why you feel it was miss-sold and enclosed copies (not originals) of any evidence you have to support your case
    • pshuttle
    • By pshuttle 20th Sep 16, 6:21 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pshuttle
    • 20th Sep 16, 6:21 PM
    • 20th Sep 16, 6:21 PM
    Hi there, thank you both for your comments. The Canada Square website states to simply use the standard PPI form from the financial ombudsman, which is fine. However, I can't fill in all the information on the form as there are several details I can't remember. If I do not include these details (i.e I have my account number but not my PPI insurance number for example), will it hurt my claim?
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 20th Sep 16, 6:24 PM
    • 2,607 Posts
    • 1,384 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 20th Sep 16, 6:24 PM
    • 20th Sep 16, 6:24 PM
    They understand you can't remember details from long ago so just be honest and write you don't know if you don't remember, don't make stuff up as it might contradict what their records show
    • -taff
    • By -taff 22nd Sep 16, 10:31 AM
    • 6,187 Posts
    • 3,358 Thanks
    -taff
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:31 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:31 AM
    No one remembers the PPI insurance number. Most important is the account number, and whether you needed the PPI.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

170Posts Today

1,373Users online

Martin's Twitter