Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 19th Sep 16, 7:54 AM
    • 591Posts
    • 947Thanks
    fredandwilma
    Milkman Energy - New Monthly Collective Switching Company?
    • 19th Sep 16, 7:54 AM
    Milkman Energy - New Monthly Collective Switching Company? 19th Sep 16 at 7:54 AM
    Milkman Energy
    Last edited by fredandwilma; 09-10-2016 at 1:29 PM.
    yabba dabba don't
Page 1
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 19th Sep 16, 5:23 PM
    • 5,806 Posts
    • 3,429 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 19th Sep 16, 5:23 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 5:23 PM
    What are their credentials? Anyone can set up a website.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 19th Sep 16, 5:37 PM
    • 8,833 Posts
    • 3,573 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 19th Sep 16, 5:37 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 5:37 PM
    Capital £100 .

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09066371/filing-history
    • FOREVER21
    • By FOREVER21 19th Sep 16, 5:42 PM
    • 1,412 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    FOREVER21
    • 19th Sep 16, 5:42 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 5:42 PM
    What are their credentials? Anyone can set up a website.
    Originally posted by teddysmum
    They say they are an independent energy collective, organisation.
    Additionally they charge no fee to customers and say also they get a fee from energy companies.

Where they seem to differ from other collectives is that once a "winner" is selected then customers details e-mail address will be passed on and the supplier will then cont.act the potential customer direct. There is no further dealings with the milkman ( rather silly name methinks)
    They also make a point in saying that all customers details are deleted from their data base, and that they do not sell on information.

So there you have it their registration does not involve giving them any financial information.

Might give it a try.
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 19th Sep 16, 6:55 PM
    • 3,060 Posts
    • 1,614 Thanks
    MABLE
    • 19th Sep 16, 6:55 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 6:55 PM
    A company i haven't seen before. I can't see who this switch is powered by, but there are 11 days left to register for this collective switch. I note it says they hold monthly auctions. To be tried and tested, i haven't used them before, so don't blame me.

https://www.milkmanenergy.com/
    Originally posted by fredandwilma
    Certainly worth a look. I have now signed up for their collective switch and with UK Power. Hopefully a little more promising than with the Energy Club.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 19th Sep 16, 7:39 PM
    • 2,442 Posts
    • 950 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 19th Sep 16, 7:39 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 7:39 PM
    Anyone remember Ben Scammell and his pipeline card?

Best to keep to the comparison sites included in the MSE articles.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 19th Sep 16, 8:01 PM
    • 2,442 Posts
    • 950 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 19th Sep 16, 8:01 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 8:01 PM
    The site has been spammed here before - it's an affilaite site to the Ofgem accredited comparison site MyUtilityGenius.co.uk

Looks like they have tried even harder to disguise this fact since the last time it was spammed here.

(Trouble is, some of us have very long memories )
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 20th Sep 16, 7:06 AM
    • 3,060 Posts
    • 1,614 Thanks
    MABLE
    • 20th Sep 16, 7:06 AM
    • 20th Sep 16, 7:06 AM
    Following copied from Scamadviser.com. Hopefully they will not mind me quoting the following from their article.

How did milkmanenergy.com get a Trust Score of 80% ?
    When checking milkmanenergy.com we looked at many factors, such as the ownership details, location, popularity and other sites relating to reviews, threats, phishing etc. Although a site like may have a high trust rating, it's worth just checking the countries involved as these could indicate that goods would be shipped from abroad rather than your home country.

The internet is populated with many fake and scam sites - with many being created daily purely to look genuine. Even many review sites are tainted with fake reviews making it almost impossible for somedbody to detect a safe site from a scam. We attempt to analyse the website information and provide a trust guide that will help you determine the risk rating of .
    unquote
    Last edited by MABLE; 20-09-2016 at 7:09 AM.
    • FOREVER21
    • By FOREVER21 8th Oct 16, 8:18 PM
    • 1,412 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    FOREVER21
    • 8th Oct 16, 8:18 PM
    • 8th Oct 16, 8:18 PM
    I also received my quote from mikman energy, again for me the E-On was the best deal,but again it was not available to me as an existing customer.

The new tariff was slightly more than my current one but I would have gone with it,to get the extra period of fix.

This tactic by E-On seems to be the future trend with collectives, very annoying.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,769Posts Today

7,616Users online

Martin's Twitter