Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Yojimbo
    • By Yojimbo 18th Sep 16, 10:36 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Yojimbo
    VCS/ BW Legal PCN - Parked for Maximum Period
    • 18th Sep 16, 10:36 PM
    VCS/ BW Legal PCN - Parked for Maximum Period 18th Sep 16 at 10:36 PM
    I am the keeper of vehicle, but not the driver at the time of incident detected by ANPR.

On November 2015, the driver received a parking ticket for overstaying in a free car park. The maximum time you could park there was 1hrs and the driver went over by 41 mins. Not realising that there was any restrictions in place, being a Sunday (naive to think that... I know, but hey ho).

After receiving a few letters, 4 in total, 2 from VCS, 1 from DRP and 1 from Zenith. All of these were ignored, following the advice on other forums (I realise now, I should've replied to them sooner). But now I've received a letter from BW legal, outlining that I must pay, £100 for the PCN, plus £54 for the clients legal cost, within 16 days.

I've also gone over this date now, but before bowing to their bullying and scare mongering tactics. I think, that I need to make a stand against them.

The original PCN was issued to me 16 days after the incident. These days could be calculated from the date of the incident to the issue date shown on the letter. Now am I correct in thinking that the PoFA 2012, states that the PCN should be sent to the keeper within 14 days, otherwise the PCN should be cancelled?

This coupled with the fact that I wasn't the driver at the time, do you think that this makes for a solid defence. I'm aiming to email them as soon as possible.

Any advice and support will be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 18-09-2016 at 10:38 PM. Reason: adding extra info
Page 2
    • Yojimbo
    • By Yojimbo 12th Oct 16, 10:45 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Yojimbo
    In the statement of truth, do I include anything with regards to the fact that I was not the driver?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Oct 16, 10:52 PM
    • 40,523 Posts
    • 52,408 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    If you can prove where you were, include that too, if not I'd say that is fine as long as you sign it.

Covering letter as discussed telling them where to go!
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Yojimbo
    • By Yojimbo 12th Oct 16, 10:59 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Yojimbo
    Sure thing, I can sign it using an electronic signature right, or does it have to be my actual signature?
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 12-10-2016 at 11:02 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Oct 16, 11:08 PM
    • 40,523 Posts
    • 52,408 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    For anything you might want to show a Judge later, I would definitely sign by hand. Didn't realise anyone ever used electronic signatures in anything in life except work-related things. Never been asked that question before about papers you might want to show in court later!
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

74Posts Today

3,498Users online

Martin's Twitter