Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Valli
    • By Valli 18th Sep 16, 10:25 PM
    • 19,354Posts
    • 221,178Thanks
    Valli
    Weekly Flylady Thread 19th September 2016
    • 18th Sep 16, 10:25 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 19th September 2016 18th Sep 16 at 10:25 PM
    Thank you, natty, for last week's thread.

It is your responsibility to read the forum rules, please follow them on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us.

Welcome to the Weekly Flylady thread. If you need help organising your week or getting motivated when it comes to housework then come and join us.

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up!
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

Aaaaand we're off...

Blue Monday - Klean the Kitchen and Diner

Level 1

Clear the table; change the cloth, wipe the mats, wipe or polish as appropriate
    Give the chairs a clean/dust too - vacuum upholstery, polish wood
    Clear the worktops - wipe any small appliances. Put back only what should be there

Level 2

Polish the windows
    Wipe cupboard fronts
    Empty - and wash out - the bin

Level 3
    Dust in the dining room
    Mop and/or vacuum floors

Extras
    HHI - let's do some every day until it's all gone...
    Pick a frog and start munching - mine will be accounts.
    Clean and clear the fridge
    Write a Christmas groceries list - add one item to your shopping each week

Terrific Tuesday Bathroom Blitz

Level 1

Shine the sink
    Clean the loo inside and out - scrub that rim
    Wipe the light pull

level 2

Clear the bath and clean it completely
    Clear the shower cubicle/screen

Level 3

Empty bins
    Wash the windows
    Scrub the floor
    Replace the towels
    Wash out the toothbrush holder

Extras
    Check bottles and throw out anything not being used/empty
    Wipe down any units
    remove all plugs - shove a brush down plugholes and twist and pull out all that hair and grime
    Polish all taps with a fluffy cloth

Wonderful Wednesday - Lounge time

Level 1

Open the windows,
    Empty the bin,
    Clear out anything that lives elsewhere
    Plump the cushions

Level 2

Vacuum upholstery including UNDER the sofapads!
    Sweep or mop or vacuum, depending on your floor covering

Level 3

Dust everywhere - including skirtings, dado or picture rails
    Clean all light fittings

Extras

Vacuum drapes
    Clean windows
    HHI
    Bin bag dance around the house

Thrilling Thursday Bedroom time

Level 1
    Open the windows,
    strip the bed
    clear the floordrobe

Level 2
    Make the bed
    Vacuum the floor

Level 3
    dust and degrot
    wipe the windows

extras
    HHI
    clean out your bedside cabinet!
    empty out the bottom of the wardrobes and vacuum them

Friday Flying Visit

Pick a room which needs attention

Bedroom/kids/spare/conservatory/library/ballroom...

Level 1

Straighten up and fly right

Open the window
    Just rush round the room removing carp and straightening...plump cushions/whatever

Level 2

Serious groundwork

CLEAN the floor

(THAT should be enough - but if you're mad for it do Level 3)

LEVEL 3 - Get right down to the real nitty gritty

dust and deweb
    clean the windows

EXTRAS

Go and stand outside your front door and look in.
    Now tidy away what has horrified you and try again!
    Better?
    Good. Your home is welcoming. Have a fantastic weekend and enjoy it.
    Last edited by Valli; 22-09-2016 at 8:38 PM.
    Make two - and freeze one!
    Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY!

Roadkill Rebel #16 2015 Roadkill Haul - £23.25 + 7c (Eu) + a dime (31.12.2015)
    2016 Roadkill Haul - £05.75, 10c ($) and 10c (Eu)
Page 5
    • bossymoo
    • By bossymoo 22nd Sep 16, 9:37 AM
    • 6,363 Posts
    • 80,592 Thanks
    bossymoo
    Morning,

Hoping for a "back to normal" day here. I've folded some laundry, emptied the DW and just made a nice big omelette that will do for breakfast and lunch - save me cooking twice

Need to pop out but can't be long - hoping DS new sling will arrive today. We didn't get on with the adult one I folded up and stitched - it was still too deep and his arm kept falling out. He's using the annoying foam one from the hospital. There is a lady on eBay who makes child size ones in lovely fabrics, so we ordered a "hot wheels" ones and sent measurements - she's already made it up for him

Other jobs include tidying the garage / den room. We lifted down the Halloween box from the loft yesterday to see what we have before I see anything in the shops I must have tidied it last year because all the old / small outfits are gone and there are two new unused ones - now I remember granny picked them up when they were being sold off in November... But of course the only place to keep it now is in the garage, so I need to make space!

Gentle hugs and "home soon" vibes to CY and everyone struggling with health problems xx

Right, I'm setting off now - sooner I go the sooner I'll be home!
    Bossymoo
    Teetering on the edge...

Sealed Pot Challenge 9 - #91 - £150 so far
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 22nd Sep 16, 9:44 AM
    • 1,443 Posts
    • 7,310 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Morning all,

Apologies for being AWOL this week. We are all a bit sniffly, and DS has a rotten cough which is keeping us all up at night, poor love. DD was very very tired this morning, i think the reality has hit that she has to go to school every day

I have some bits of paid stuff to do for DH, a bit of admin and I must make the beds, shove the vac round and swish the loos. Emptied DW earlier and put it on with a cleaner thingy in it. Other than that I think a nanna nap may be on the cards for later.

Big hugs to all in need, we all seem to be supremely busy at the moment so please all remember to take a few minutes in the day for yourself, even if its just for a cuppa and to stare into space

ATB xx
    Stay at home wife and mummy

Mortgage as at 28.9.16 - £141,900
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 22nd Sep 16, 9:50 AM
    • 3,735 Posts
    • 38,274 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    Thanks LW for asking about the riding. It went great! I remembered a lot, and even managed some cantering (a bit scrappy, but better than i thought it would be).
    Originally posted by Biscuit monster
    How are the thighs feeling this morning, BM?

Honey Bear
    , my DH is paying £1000 for the bodywork repairs to his car, and it sounds as if yours is worse.
    Originally posted by ionafan
    WOW! *Healing vibes* for DH's bank account. OH contacted our insurance company first thing yesterday about the incident, emailed them the photo of the car and section of the road where it happened yesterday. (There was no traffic when we left the city at 10.30 so that was helpful.) He also read the Highway Code section on overtaking as I suggested. I think the other driver should be told to do so, too because the road layout makes it crystal clear where liability is. Our insurance company is going for her for the full cost of the repairs. I think OH would have let her cut in if the same thing hadn't happened repeatedly on the journey to Truro about 10 days ago when a few drivers kept doing the same thing in very heavy traffic. We're both just sick to death of bullies and aggressive driving being regarded as normal. Her car was a lot bigger and smarter than ours, which is old and a big dinged here and there anyway. Hers is now just bigger, and not quite as smart as it was.

Ditto re Level 1 lists. I am struggling with a Virtual Learning Environment, a pile of books and papers and an ageing brain and simply haven't got time to do more than the absolute basics On the other hand, since DH is out playing trains all day (and got himself on one of BBC Midlands Today FB photos) the house doesn't get untidy.

Don't fret too much about the ageing brain issue because it's probably not that at all. Younger people have a tendency to do the minimum they need to to get through and older people tend to be much more conscientiously careful about learning, so you're probably doing a lot more work, in depth, than you theoretically could get away with - but that's not the point of doing the course for older people, is it?

CY texted me last night to say that she is back in hospital - she's not happy about it but knows it's the best place to be atm.
    Thanks for letting us know about CY. I could cry for her, I really could.

Donnajit, I can't be the only person who read your post and thought . Please don't let work stuff your back up for life. If moving furniture needs to be done it's your employer's responsibility to make sure you don't injure yourself in the process. Please could you also put a note of the date and what happened in the Accident Book at work. That will ensure that if your back is permanently damaged you can decide if you want to pursue it you have the option and also it might make the employer think twice about asking people to do things without thinking about the possible consequences.

The shower room needed and got a drubbing yesterday, another WM load through the machine and dangled, stairs done at long last and this morning the house looks quite ship-shape, although I say it myself. I also had a tricky conversation with a lodger about using the WM without checking with me first. Lodger's washing is an increasing problem and I'm sick to death of it.

Right. Level 1 again, such a lifesaver, and then after that - pear chutney here I come.

Off to see Seth Lakeman tonight (sorry Frodders).
    Last edited by Honey Bear; 22-09-2016 at 9:53 AM.
    Keeping it AF
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 22nd Sep 16, 11:14 AM
    • 3,015 Posts
    • 13,513 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Quick bit of flying done before my music lesson in 20 mins!
    Slow cooker has gone on for tea tonight and 1st load in the WM.

Level 2
    Polish the windows
    Extras
    Pick a frog and start munching.

Level 3
    Wash the windows

Level 2
    Vacuum upholstery including UNDER the sofapads!
    Sweep or mop or vacuum, depending on your floor covering

Level 3
    Dust everywhere - including skirtings, dado or picture rails
    Clean all light fittings

Extras
    Vacuum drapes
    Clean windows

Level 1
    Open the windows,
    strip the bed
    clear the floordrobe
    BF's pile has been folded up. He's usually very good with my house rules so I allow him a small pile
    Level 2
    Make the bed Leaving the mattress to air for an hour or two
    Vacuum the floor
    Level 3
    dust and degrot
    wipe the windows
    extras
    clean out your bedside cabinet!
    empty out the bottom of the wardrobes and vacuum them

Leftover & extra bits
    Clean windows.
    Clean car.
    Have a bit of a tidy in the cupboard under the stairs.
    Scan paperwork.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    Sept Grocery Challenge £100.20/£150 Sept NSD's 14/14
    EF Challenger #36
    £84.41/£1868.82 Lose weight 2.8/10lbs
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 22nd Sep 16, 1:25 PM
    • 3,735 Posts
    • 38,274 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    Green tomato chutney bubbling on the hob, stinking up the house with vinegar. Totally appropriate for the first day of autumn, I think.

I've just had an interesting convo with a lodger. Italian, straight out of three years of dance college, working on his first professional gig. He's just raced up to the Ap*** Store to swap the grey black i*phon* for a black black i*phon* which he spent £900 on less than two weeks ago - so while he was staying here. Why on earth do I let them use the washing machine so they can get their washing done for free at my expense, rather than sending them to the service laundrette 50 yards away? Not happening again if I'm subsidising non-essentials like that, that's for sure. There is no doubt that laundry causes more problems with lodgers than anything else.
    Keeping it AF
    • bossymoo
    • By bossymoo 22nd Sep 16, 2:03 PM
    • 6,363 Posts
    • 80,592 Thanks
    bossymoo
    OMG that's silly money, isn't it HB? I have an i*phon* but it's a 4s, many years old and was a "freebie" on my stepdads business account. I must have had it over 2.5yrs after it sat under his van seat sealed in box for the first 18mths of its life

I really should not have looked in the little girls clothing section <oops> DD has more than enough although hardly any are new, she is second hand Rosie after all I may have treated her to a couple of winter season dresses I also bought DS some fabulous welly socks, two sizes too big, to snip off the toes and use to cover his pot. They are sharks and the design will look like its biting his fingers

I've been tidying and cleaning the garage den and it's heaps better. I've put away all the camping bits (only been back 4 weeks) and put all the torches and stuff we might need on an accessible shelf. Dusted and swept, cleared my desk, wiped the tv and cabinet and the kids table. Also found cable-ties I needed for a tiny frog job which is now done

There is a pile of colouring and other activity books I'm going to sort through, no matter how I organise these they still end up everywhere! DD just leaves a trail of paper and pens behind her, lol.

Found my halogen heater so I've lifted that out in case of chilly mornings in the den, we seem to prefer it in there but being an ex-garage, it has no radiator...
    Bossymoo
    Teetering on the edge...

Sealed Pot Challenge 9 - #91 - £150 so far
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 22nd Sep 16, 4:13 PM
    • 3,813 Posts
    • 29,331 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    HB DS1 is back working and so has spent hours researching new bikes - even though his is only 6 weeks old and cost us £250, massively reduced in a clearance sale. He was all set to part with £600 but has now decided to wait thankfully.

So, been to the paid stuff, home to put in a load of washing and stick a joint of pork in the oven for tea. Upstairs desperately needs hoovering but that will have to wait, more paid stuff first.
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 22nd Sep 16, 4:57 PM
    • 14,469 Posts
    • 184,487 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Sending recovery and home from hospital soon vibes to CY.

Had a lovely day at work. Got loads done and think my course should be sorted by the end of the week. Also got offered some more paid hours which I'm seriously considering. That will mean I'm doing 3 part time jobs plus some extra casual as required days plus volunteering all at the same place.

Hoping wm fitter comes nice and early so it's sorted before work, but have got ds2 on standby as he's not in college tomorrow.

Need to go and sort something gout for tea, not sure what we have in after loads got eaten yesterday.

Better go and do some flying I suppose
    grocery challenge September budget £400 spent £398.79
    SPC~9 No100 : :X3
    read your books challenge-currently on haunted Leicester
    xstitch challenge 63 'mittens' lyric cushion
    16 in 2016 challenge 7/16 Cushion
    2016 wooligan stuff - 71 assorted hats, 9,beadbags 10,hedgehogs
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 22nd Sep 16, 5:24 PM
    • 8,658 Posts
    • 94,547 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Thanks for letting us know about CY. I could cry for her, I really could.
    Originally posted by Honey Bear
    So could I. I just hope they can get her onto an even keel so that she can come home and get back onto the Flylady sofa.

Does decluttering blackberries off the bramble bushes count as Flying?
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • dancemum
    • By dancemum 22nd Sep 16, 6:06 PM
    • 1,816 Posts
    • 27,225 Thanks
    dancemum
    Hope CY is home soon X

I have just heard that I didn't get an interview for the job I had applied for. It was an ideal term time only one that don't come up very often. Oh well their loss I suppose. It isn't easy finding a job I can fit around ds2.

Ground floor dysoned
    Under bed vacuumed
    2x wm done
    All wardrobe dehumidifiers refilled
    Recycling bin filled and put out.

Blackberrying does count LW
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 22nd Sep 16, 7:16 PM
    • 14,469 Posts
    • 184,487 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Sorry to hear about the job Dancemum, hope something else comes up.
    • dancemum
    • By dancemum 22nd Sep 16, 7:27 PM
    • 1,816 Posts
    • 27,225 Thanks
    dancemum
    Thanks Mrs MP I knew it probably would be filled internally X
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 22nd Sep 16, 7:41 PM
    • 3,015 Posts
    • 13,513 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Bed has been re-made, tea has been scoffed, Time to crack on with crocheting my brothers xmas pressy.

Level 2
    Polish the windows
    Extras
    Pick a frog and start munching.It appears washing the windows is my frog. MUST get them all cleaned inside and out tomorrow. I have been meaning to do it since the builders repaired the roof from when they fell through the kitchen ceiling twice in one day. That was a few months back now!

Level 3
    Wash the windows

Extras
    Vacuum drapes
    Clean windows

wipe the windows

Leftover & extra bits
    Clean windows.
    Clean car.
    Have a bit of a tidy in the cupboard under the stairs.
    Scan paperwork.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    Sept Grocery Challenge £100.20/£150 Sept NSD's 14/14
    EF Challenger #36
    £84.41/£1868.82 Lose weight 2.8/10lbs
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 22nd Sep 16, 8:16 PM
    • 1,443 Posts
    • 7,310 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Sorry to hear that Dancemum xx as you say, their loss lovely xx

• Valli
    • By Valli 22nd Sep 16, 8:42 PM
    • 19,354 Posts
    • 221,178 Thanks
    Valli
    List is up. Hope all are well and Honeybear's advice about the back care/furniture moving is spot on IMO.
    Hope CY making good progress and not too uncomfortable.
    Make two - and freeze one!
    Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY!

Roadkill Rebel #16 2015 Roadkill Haul - £23.25 + 7c (Eu) + a dime (31.12.2015)
    2016 Roadkill Haul - £05.75, 10c ($) and 10c (Eu)
    • froddington
    • By froddington 22nd Sep 16, 9:27 PM
    • 6,469 Posts
    • 91,733 Thanks
    froddington
    Evening! Anyone know where the week has gone?!

Trying to get my head around a new responsibility at work - went on the induction course yesterday!

Limited flying but have had WM on, cleaned one ratty cage and washed up.

Off to see Seth Lakeman tonight (sorry Frodders).
    Originally posted by Honey Bear
    That's Ok - I have the new album here (vinyl and CD!!) and a ticket to see him in November Enjoy!

Sending lots of prayers and positive vibes for CY, Valli and families and gentle hugs for LW , donna and Master Bossy xx
    "There's only one way of life - and that's your own"
    Depression is not a sign of weakness;
    it's a sign you have been strong for too long
    MFW No.3 Mortgage OPs 2016 £2400
    • Biscuit monster
    • By Biscuit monster 22nd Sep 16, 10:04 PM
    • 587 Posts
    • 7,891 Thanks
    Biscuit monster
    Evening all,

Not done badly today, went from level two kitchen to the bottom of kitchen, if you see what I mean. Also walked dog for 5 miles, been for a swim with the girls, taken delivery of shopping and put it away, plus listened to some readers at school. None of that was in the right order by the way.

HB, my thighs are aching like mad today, along with lots of other muscles I'd forgotten existed! Worth it though. YL you are right, I am doing something for myself and it feels good! Everyone should x

iona thanks for the update about CY, I'm sending all the vibes I can spare x

Right, my aching bones are off to bed soon, paid stuff tomorrow.

Ps Dancemum sorry about the job x
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 23rd Sep 16, 6:59 AM
    • 1,443 Posts
    • 7,310 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Morning all

Where on earth has this week gone?! Just having a cuppa in bed before the usual morning flap commences. Slightly better night with DS, he woke at 4 but went back off after some ibuprofen to ease his throat.

The evenings are chilly now so I want to get them both some onesies, had a look at next online and they seem quite pricey. Might try a charity shop rummage over the weekend.

Having a morning out with DS doing chores this morning, then home to do the list. Must also make tomorrow nights dinner in the SC - we are having guests over so I'm doing autumnal goulash

Looking forward to Strictly tonight

I am sending vibes to CY, also hope Mumof2 is ok xx

Have lovely days all x

• mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 23rd Sep 16, 9:21 AM
    • 14,469 Posts
    • 184,487 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Morning all
    Hugs good wishes posi vibes sticks and spoons where required.

I've done the kitchen apart from the floor and the window cleaning will do that later, wm man supposed to be here between now and 11.30. Got ironing board in lounge do I can get on with that out of his way once he's here.

Dancemum re the job, our school had a list of parents who were prepared to go on a sick cover list for lunchtime supervisors it might be worth asking if there is something like that. It would show you are keen and could lead to something in the future.

House isn't looking to shabby, so will spend the day S&Sing the areas that need it and finishing the ironing - will need to nip round mils later Dh said she thinks her wm is broke as it wasn't spinning the washing dry enough, but he said the drum was rammed full so he thinks shed overloaded it and it just couldn't cope.

Must ring my mum as well, feel like I've been neglecting her.
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 23rd Sep 16, 9:46 AM
    • 1,897 Posts
    • 29,366 Thanks
    ionafan
    Today has already gone to pot
    DH came home from the railway late last night and said his car had engine warning lights on. He has just taken it up to the service engineers and - despite being busy (but possibly because he gave them several boxes of biscuits last time!!!) - they have slotted it in and are running diagnostic tests. I may have to take him to the far end of the railway later, a 40 minute drive each way, but my new FF is being delivered sometime between now and 1.00, so if necessary he will have a 2-hour bus journey via the villages.
    If the car has to go/stay in for repairs, it will ****** up the arrangements for the bodywork repair booked for next week.
    It never rains but it pours!

I have cooked us a big breakfast, S&S'd kitchen, moved the kitchen table to make way for the new FF which can't be installed until my kitchen fitter has finished his other job, and emptied the bin. I did washing up to date yesterday, so there is about QHI to be done this evening. I will S&S the bathroom and ensuite later. I still have some of what Nicki calls endless mince left over from earlier in the week, so we shall be having chilli tonight.

(((Hugs))) spoons and sticks all round - with lots of spoons for LW: hope your paws are less painful this morning. They're probably being affected by the dampness of autumn, as are my joints.

Must get on with my reading...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,452Posts Today

8,044Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: What proportion of your usual monthly spending do you do in cash (ie not plastic, bank transfer, cheque etc)

• RT @GemmaRobyn: @MartinSLewis my parents earned +£50k but it didn't mean they could afford to help. I worked 2 jobs at uni to get by. Why b?

• RT @JackieMutlow: @MartinSLewis @GMB Daughters loans not enough we pay 2 months rent a year (2x £410) AND £250 a month for food, train etc?

• Follow Martin