Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • skintpaul
    • By skintpaul 18th Sep 16, 6:53 PM
    • 1,314Posts
    • 12,217Thanks
    skintpaul
    vent- papa johns, via justeat site
    • 18th Sep 16, 6:53 PM
    vent- papa johns, via justeat site 18th Sep 16 at 6:53 PM
    Food order delayed, so I called to enquire, but staff didn't know / really care..

Online order status later showed as 'delivered' but didn't actually arrive for another 20 minutes - lukewarm, at best..

review rated 1 (as no zero) on the j/eat site, and emailed both then and pj..

The promised codes for a £5 credit (j/e) still hasn't been sent, and 2 free side items (pj) don't work!!

How bad can it get?!
    Last edited by skintpaul; 18-09-2016 at 6:57 PM. Reason: typo title
    breathe in, breathe out- You're alive! Everything else is a bonus, right? RIGHT??
Page 1
    • meer53
    • By meer53 18th Sep 16, 8:48 PM
    • 8,213 Posts
    • 11,623 Thanks
    meer53
    • 18th Sep 16, 8:48 PM
    • 18th Sep 16, 8:48 PM
    It can get much worse. This was a takeaway Pizza, not the end of the world.
    • superpauk
    • By superpauk 18th Sep 16, 9:40 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    superpauk
    • 18th Sep 16, 9:40 PM
    • 18th Sep 16, 9:40 PM
    Ive had terrible service at my local Papa Johns too. Not answering the phone, ignoring orders placed online. I complained and got a discount code emailed to me, i used the resolver website. When i actually got a pizza it was pretty nice though!
    • fleshandbone
    • By fleshandbone 19th Sep 16, 9:58 AM
    • 240 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    fleshandbone
    • 19th Sep 16, 9:58 AM
    • 19th Sep 16, 9:58 AM
    Simple answer is, do not buy from them again....now move on, life is too short to worry about such insignificant problems.
    Happy Days.
    People that correct your spelling/grammar on forums and message boards are very uninteresting...bore off!
    • nomoneytoday
    • By nomoneytoday 21st Sep 16, 4:16 PM
    • 4,651 Posts
    • 2,797 Thanks
    nomoneytoday
    • 21st Sep 16, 4:16 PM
    • 21st Sep 16, 4:16 PM
    Presumably if one Pizza company doesn't want your business, there are plenty more who do?
    • John_Jizzle
    • By John_Jizzle 22nd Sep 16, 10:03 AM
    • 336 Posts
    • 143 Thanks
    John_Jizzle
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:03 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:03 AM
    ordered from papa johns - drove to collect it. pizza was ok

Was really looking forward to my dessert - cinnamon twirls ...... they were garlic
    • kay0601
    • By kay0601 24th Sep 16, 1:08 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    kay0601
    • 24th Sep 16, 1:08 PM
    • 24th Sep 16, 1:08 PM
    I did a mystery shop at pj's once. Food wasn't that great but edible, staff in shop were texting and chucking bits of food at each other while I waited. I ended up with food poisoning but the company I did the check for wouldn't let me put that in my report. Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole again lol.
    • Bogalot
    • By Bogalot 24th Sep 16, 2:41 PM
    • 172 Posts
    • 338 Thanks
    Bogalot
    • 24th Sep 16, 2:41 PM
    • 24th Sep 16, 2:41 PM
    Presumably if one Pizza company doesn't want your business, there are plenty more who do?
    Originally posted by nomoneytoday
    Preferably ordered directly from a local independent takeaway that actually cares about their customers.

If people keep giving their money to Just Eat and the large chains one day they're going to find all the independents shut down.
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 24th Sep 16, 3:06 PM
    • 3,999 Posts
    • 40,585 Thanks
    Jazee
    • 24th Sep 16, 3:06 PM
    • 24th Sep 16, 3:06 PM
    Preferably ordered directly from a local independent takeaway that actually cares about their customers.

If people keep giving their money to Just Eat and the large chains one day they're going to find all the independents shut down.
    Originally posted by Bogalot
    Totally agree with this comment. I was speaking to a pizza shop owner who said that something like £3 is taken from them for every order placed via Just Eat style sites. How are they supposed to run a business like that?
    Crazy clothes challenge 2016 (Needs not wants, from CS where poss)
    £145.18

• williham
    • By williham 24th Sep 16, 9:17 PM
    • 1,143 Posts
    • 698 Thanks
    williham
    Just eat is almost exclusively independent takeaways...
    • ThumbRemote
    • By ThumbRemote 25th Sep 16, 12:48 AM
    • 3,524 Posts
    • 4,433 Thanks
    ThumbRemote
    Totally agree with this comment. I was speaking to a pizza shop owner who said that something like £3 is taken from them for every order placed via Just Eat style sites. How are they supposed to run a business like that?
    Originally posted by Jazee
    Nobody makes them sign up to Just Eat. And lets face it, the reason that everyone has heard of Just Eat is the significant amount they spend on advertising and other marketing - which I'm sure the shop are happy to benefit from. Presumably the pizza shop owner perceives a benefit to getting their marketing done via just eat, rather than doing it all themselves.
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 25th Sep 16, 9:02 AM
    • 3,999 Posts
    • 40,585 Thanks
    Jazee
    Yes, I suppose it does open up a larger market for them, but I just feel their money could be better spent on more focussed local advertising, as they're only going to deliver locally after all.
    Crazy clothes challenge 2016 (Needs not wants, from CS where poss)
    £145.18

• meer53
    • By meer53 25th Sep 16, 10:31 AM
    • 8,213 Posts
    • 11,623 Thanks
    meer53
    Originally posted by Jazee
    Because they expect the number of pizzas ordered to increase due to being on Just Eat ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,575Posts Today

4,602Users online

Martin's Twitter