Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Inaflat
    • By Inaflat 18th Sep 16, 9:54 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Inaflat
    0 WOW
    Easyjet Price Promise
    • 18th Sep 16, 9:54 AM
    0 WOW
    Easyjet Price Promise 18th Sep 16 at 9:54 AM
    Hi

I booked flights last April for January '17 trip

I now check and they are £150 cheaper, phone Easyjet and they have told me the promise is only valid if I can find it cheaper on the same day as I booked!!!!!

Is this true or are the fobbing me off
Page 1
    • richardw
    • By richardw 18th Sep 16, 10:14 AM
    • 18,310 Posts
    • 7,581 Thanks
    richardw
    • 18th Sep 16, 10:14 AM
    • 18th Sep 16, 10:14 AM
    No, Yes.
    "Our price promise means that if you have made a booking and the same flight subsequently becomes available at a lower fare, then we will give you an easyJet Flight Voucher on the difference that you can use on future flights with us."
    http://www.easyjet.com/en/terms-and-conditions#a25
    Last edited by richardw; 18-09-2016 at 10:45 AM.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 18th Sep 16, 2:03 PM
    • 18,721 Posts
    • 43,033 Thanks
    peachyprice
    • 18th Sep 16, 2:03 PM
    • 18th Sep 16, 2:03 PM
    Hi

I booked flights last April for January '17 trip

I now check and they are £150 cheaper, phone Easyjet and they have told me the promise is only valid if I can find it cheaper on the same day as I booked!!!!!

Is this true or are the fobbing me off
    Originally posted by Inaflat
    What do you mean?

Have they told you it's only valid if you book flights at say 9am then they go down at 2pm the same day?

Or have they told you it's only valid if the flight is now cheaper for the same day and time of departure as the ticket you've booked?

The former is incorrect, the latter correct.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • Inaflat
    • By Inaflat 18th Sep 16, 5:04 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Inaflat
    • 18th Sep 16, 5:04 PM
    • 18th Sep 16, 5:04 PM
    What do you mean?

Have they told you it's only valid if you book flights at say 9am then they go down at 2pm the same day?

Or have they told you it's only valid if the flight is now cheaper for the same day and time of departure as the ticket you've booked?

The former is incorrect, the latter correct.
    Originally posted by peachyprice
    Their customer service guy said the former, which I queried but he was most adamant

Will phone again tomorrow, but if you're right, which I'm sure you are I'll be unhappy about him
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 19th Sep 16, 7:38 AM
    • 18,721 Posts
    • 43,033 Thanks
    peachyprice
    • 19th Sep 16, 7:38 AM
    • 19th Sep 16, 7:38 AM
    He's definitely wrong. I've made claims months after booking.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • joerugby
    • By joerugby 19th Sep 16, 1:34 PM
    • 1,164 Posts
    • 715 Thanks
    joerugby
    • 19th Sep 16, 1:34 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 1:34 PM
    He's definitely wrong. I've made claims months after booking.
    Originally posted by peachyprice
    Me too

But they don't make it easy. You need to phone first to make the claim, then they send you a voucher code for use against a future booking. The voucher can only be used for future telephone bookings, not online
    • Inaflat
    • By Inaflat 19th Sep 16, 2:04 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Inaflat
    • 19th Sep 16, 2:04 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 2:04 PM
    Ok, called again and they agreed to refund the difference

I didn't mention previous call, but everything went without a hitch

Although I've yet to receive a confirmation email
    • Inaflat
    • By Inaflat 19th Sep 16, 2:23 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Inaflat
    • 19th Sep 16, 2:23 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 2:23 PM
    Got it £126 voucher

Off we go
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 19th Sep 16, 4:31 PM
    • 18,721 Posts
    • 43,033 Thanks
    peachyprice
    • 19th Sep 16, 4:31 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 4:31 PM
    Got it £126 voucher

Off we go
    Cool, well done.

I always find it easier to phone them in the morning, you seem to get through quicker then.

You can also use the vouchers to pay for baggage and seats on existing bookings too, you don't need to use the whole lot in one go, they just knock it off the balance.
    • J B
    • By J B 19th Sep 16, 6:44 PM
    • 2,335 Posts
    • 748 Thanks
    J B
    Got it £126 voucher

Off we go
    But ... isn't there a sale on currently which voids the 'promise'?

Obviously not!
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 20th Sep 16, 8:31 AM
    • 18,721 Posts
    • 43,033 Thanks
    peachyprice
    But ... isn't there a sale on currently which voids the 'promise'?

Obviously not!
    Originally posted by J B
    Not all seats are in the sale.
    • Lou_tree
    • By Lou_tree 21st Nov 16, 6:07 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lou_tree
    Easyjet price promise
    Hi there
    I booked some flights online to Paphos (March 2017) at the beginning of November (the same time last year they were very cheap, so I tried to apply the same logic) )

I've been keeping an eye on them, as I noticed last December they were being sold even cheaper - I tried to access the price promise last December for the difference with no luck. They told me you have to claim for the price promise on the day the price is showing online, I rang the following morning...

Anyway - I've seen now that the price is lower than I paid at the beginning of November and I wondered if anyone knows if you can only claim the difference once? So if I ring them now to take it forward, but they go up for sale even cheaper mid December will I have to take the original difference and that's the end? Or hold out in case it goes lower and potentially miss out? Or claim now, and potential again in December?

The higher price we paid meant we went for less convenient times, if we'd 'held out' til now we could have afforded the times we originally wanted!

If we manage to get a voucher back for the difference, whichever option we go for, can it be used to cover the costs of any amendments to the existing booking (can we get flight times changed to the times we originally wanted and pay with voucher)?

It's so complicated, sorry to type such a missive. Hope someone can help.
    • pelaca
    • By pelaca 21st Nov 16, 9:22 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    pelaca
    Hi there
    I booked some flights online to Paphos (March 2017) at the beginning of November (the same time last year they were very cheap, so I tried to apply the same logic) )

I've been keeping an eye on them, as I noticed last December they were being sold even cheaper - I tried to access the price promise last December for the difference with no luck. They told me you have to claim for the price promise on the day the price is showing online, I rang the following morning...

Anyway - I've seen now that the price is lower than I paid at the beginning of November and I wondered if anyone knows if you can only claim the difference once? So if I ring them now to take it forward, but they go up for sale even cheaper mid December will I have to take the original difference and that's the end? Or hold out in case it goes lower and potentially miss out? Or claim now, and potential again in December?

The higher price we paid meant we went for less convenient times, if we'd 'held out' til now we could have afforded the times we originally wanted!

If we manage to get a voucher back for the difference, whichever option we go for, can it be used to cover the costs of any amendments to the existing booking (can we get flight times changed to the times we originally wanted and pay with voucher)?

It's so complicated, sorry to type such a missive. Hope someone can help.
    Originally posted by Lou_tree
    You can claim the difference for the same booking more than once, I have done this recently.
    • tece
    • By tece 2nd Apr 17, 4:42 PM
    • 121 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    tece
    I claimed on the price promise around 6 weeks ago. Spoke to an agent and got my email with the credit for my next flight, no problem.
    Just by chance today as I'm looking at flights for later this year, I logged into my Easyjet account. To my horror I found that on my current booking the inbound flight is the same route as my outbound flight a week later.
    I called customer services and they have re-amended it but the process took getting on for 20 minutes. The agent who processed the price promise amended the flight in error.
    Just posting this to advise MSE forumites to always keep an eye on their booking.
    • EnglishMohican
    • By EnglishMohican 14th Jun 17, 4:17 PM
    • 165 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    EnglishMohican
    Easyjet abandon price promise
    Easyjet have amended their terms and conditions to effectively remove their price promise except for a privileged few who are members of their Plus Club or Flight Club Members.
    They recently reduced the price of a flight from £189 to £101 and will not refund the difference. While this is good news if you leave booking to the last moment it's not so good news if you trusted their price promise and purchased the flight in good time.

This is despite their help pages still saying that prices only go up.

http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/booking/fare-pricing

They appear to be in a race with Ryanair to the bottom and to have abandoned all concept of honest service.
    • EnglishMohican
    • By EnglishMohican 14th Jun 17, 4:31 PM
    • 165 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    EnglishMohican
    Just thought. Does anyone know when the terms and conditions were amended?
    DD booked some months ago and it would give me great pleasure if she booked under the old T&Cs
    • richardw
    • By richardw 14th Jun 17, 5:03 PM
    • 18,310 Posts
    • 7,581 Thanks
    richardw
    Call and claim for it.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 15th Jun 17, 2:38 PM
    • 2,745 Posts
    • 1,832 Thanks
    jpsartre
    This is despite their help pages still saying that prices only go up.
    Originally posted by EnglishMohican
    What they say is that prices *generally* go up which is true of easyJet more than many other airlines.
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 15th Jun 17, 2:40 PM
    • 2,745 Posts
    • 1,832 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Does anyone know when the terms and conditions were amended?
    Originally posted by EnglishMohican
    According to an MSE article published at the time the cut-off date is February 21.
    • TERDOR
    • By TERDOR 4th Sep 17, 10:18 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    TERDOR
    Contacted them today,4 Sept 17, price promise supposedly ended February 2017, they didn't want to know!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,528Posts Today

7,194Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin