Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Oliver
    • By MSE Oliver 16th Sep 16, 3:36 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 2Thanks
    MSE Oliver
    Get paid to walk with Bounts - via a fitness tracker or your phone
    • 16th Sep 16, 3:36 PM
    Get paid to walk with Bounts - via a fitness tracker or your phone 16th Sep 16 at 3:36 PM

Hi, this is the discussion thread for our guide:

Get paid to walk with Bounts - via a fitness tracker or your phone

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks,

MSE Oliver
    Grab the latest MSE Deals
    Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
    Get Martin's Money Tips
    Join the MSE Forum
Page 4
    • whiteguineapig
    • By whiteguineapig 14th Nov 16, 6:35 PM
    • 938 Posts
    • 4,029 Thanks
    whiteguineapig
    could anyone tell me what fit fuel vouchers are please? i'v tried googling it but got nowhere
    • Angry Bear
    • By Angry Bear 16th Nov 16, 12:58 PM
    • 1,866 Posts
    • 4,551 Thanks
    Angry Bear
    could anyone tell me what fit fuel vouchers are please? i'v tried googling it but got nowhere
    Originally posted by whiteguineapig
    https://www.fit-fuel.co.uk
    Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?
    ― Sir Terry Pratchett, 1948-2015
    • doe808
    • By doe808 29th Nov 16, 7:37 PM
    • 249 Posts
    • 226 Thanks
    doe808
    Got a full cash refund from Bounts today. Had to threaten them with legal action in the end, but glad I got money rather than vouchers.
    Total - £340.00

wins : £7.50 Virgin Vouchers, Nikon Coolpixs S550 x 2, I-Tunes Vouchers, £5 Esprit Voucher, Big Snap 2 (x2), Alaska Seafood book
    • tarquincat
    • By tarquincat 30th Nov 16, 10:26 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    tarquincat
    Had annual membership & managed to claim about £25 so did OK.

Now have 4000 points left.

So, I seem get around 1 opportunity to enter a challenge per month, which costs me 25 points.

At this rate, it would take me 13 years to use my points.

So with Bount's new model, what incentive do I have to log anything with them ?
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 30th Nov 16, 10:30 AM
    • 2,574 Posts
    • 3,636 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    None whatsoever! I've now deleted the app. No point using it to collect even more useless points and wasting my phone battery. At least I an go gave to using the Dog walking app I used before Bounts dropped it.
    • SG27
    • By SG27 3rd Dec 16, 6:10 AM
    • 1,885 Posts
    • 1,179 Thanks
    SG27
    I deleted it weeks ago. I wonder if anyone is still using it?
    Mortgage Debt: £93,537.48/£105,025 Feb 13
    Overpayments so far: £3,939.72
    • matty_art
    • By matty_art 5th Dec 16, 7:25 AM
    • 142 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    matty_art
    I still had premium which I got for free right at the start, so I was keeping an eye out for the premium challenges which were promised on which to spend my 2700 points that I was unable to buy a voucher with due to the out of stock issues.

So far, no special premium challenges have appeared and in fact no worthwhile challenges at all have appeared. I think they've had it - I'm just a bit irritated to be stuck with a points balance I took several months to build up and it's putting me off deleting.
    • Ladyscorpio
    • By Ladyscorpio 21st Dec 16, 10:03 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Ladyscorpio
    Bounts contribution to Charity!!
    I don't normally join in forums but do enjoy reading other people's comments but in this case I am so angry I just have to vent.

I, like a lot of people joined Bounts to encourage me to do more exercise and yes, get some vouchers as well but as people have already said it didn't really work and they then changed the rules. So, I thought nothing lost I will give all my 2000 points to the charity Cancer Research but could not find how much in money that would be so I wrote to them to enquire what it was and got this reply.

Hi,
    Thanks for your email.
    Unfortunately, we can't put a figure on how much your points are worth.
    However, the donation would have been greatly appreciated.
    Regards,
    Stephen
    bounts team

How can they not know what they are donating they had a value of what we would have originally earned in vouchers even if they donated the paltry sum of 50p per thousand.

Anyway, I have now had my rant and thought everyone here would like to know just what a useless company they have turned out to be.
    • Barny1979
    • By Barny1979 21st Dec 16, 5:42 PM
    • 3,656 Posts
    • 42,427 Thanks
    Barny1979
    Still no refund, very disappointed, paid for the full Premium Membership of £30.
    • Lavendyr
    • By Lavendyr 21st Dec 16, 7:35 PM
    • 2,018 Posts
    • 1,830 Thanks
    Lavendyr
    Recommend folks join up to the Bounts Exile Group on Facebook if haven't already.... https://www.facebook.com/groups/1526599247357477/
    • aleph_0
    • By aleph_0 27th Dec 16, 10:14 AM
    • 510 Posts
    • 336 Thanks
    aleph_0
    How can they not know what they are donating they had a value of what we would have originally earned in vouchers even if they donated the paltry sum of 50p per thousand.
    Originally posted by Ladyscorpio
    The donated points are being given to people who fundraise at certain events. Who then probably won't use them because there's nothing to redeem them on.

I think this is quite misleading, most people assume their donation converts to cash.

I've been refunded my premium membership, have deleted the app, but I'm leaving my points sitting, undonated.
    • whiteguineapig
    • By whiteguineapig 27th Dec 16, 11:44 AM
    • 938 Posts
    • 4,029 Thanks
    whiteguineapig
    can you still get premium membership refunded?

(i have never applied to do this, and i thought it would be too late to try now)
    • aleph_0
    • By aleph_0 27th Dec 16, 12:20 PM
    • 510 Posts
    • 336 Thanks
    aleph_0
    can you still get premium membership refunded?

(i have never applied to do this, and i thought it would be too late to try now)
    Originally posted by whiteguineapig
    Probably best to first have a look at the refunds section, and what they promised:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/bounts#refunds

I had a multi-year subscription, so they were promising a 2 year refund, and I was expecting them to contact me. It's not unreasonable of you to have waited, and then contacted them when they haven't got in touch.

If you're not in that group, it might still be worth a shot. My *personal* opinion is that refunds should be given (due to the fact that the product is different from what was paid for).

In either case, I'd go for a polite but assertive message - the mixed results that people are having suggest that they're either disorganised, or they're being more prompt with refunds if they feel the person is likely to take it further.
    • Lavendyr
    • By Lavendyr 5th Jan 17, 11:42 PM
    • 2,018 Posts
    • 1,830 Thanks
    Lavendyr
    I'm shocked MSE has gone silent on this. Last I understood, they were investigating further. If nothing else, Bounts has exercised a very haphazard refund process whereby it seems those who shout loudest get refunded. The Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1526599247357477/ - says it all.

Meanwhile the company has, yet again, gone silent on Facebook and its Twitter account remains closed. Their 2016 accounts posted a substantial loss (you can see it at beta.companieshouse.gov.uk - search for Bounts) despite massive capital injection.

How can Bounts be viable?
    Last edited by Lavendyr; 05-01-2017 at 11:50 PM.
    • andrewsummers
    • By andrewsummers 17th Mar 17, 12:07 PM
    • 231 Posts
    • 329 Thanks
    andrewsummers
    Does anyone still use bounts? I was using my points to give to cancer research but I can't even do that now as it no longer in buy section. Is there any point in continuing?
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 17th Mar 17, 12:35 PM
    • 2,574 Posts
    • 3,636 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    No, deleted the app months ago.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,045Posts Today

5,323Users online

Martin's Twitter