Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hop3y
    • By hop3y 16th Sep 16, 3:18 PM
    • 431Posts
    • 1,118Thanks
    hop3y
    Chasing a prize - ideas..
    • 16th Sep 16, 3:18 PM
    Chasing a prize - ideas.. 16th Sep 16 at 3:18 PM
    I won a competition from a fairly substantial retailer for a substantial amount >£500 a month ago today.

Was told on the day of winning it would be delivered in 2 to 3 weeks. I have been in continuous contact with the company but "their contact who helps with competitions is off sick, so it's been escalated to the Marketing Director" but it's been another week since to no avail.

Any ideas on what to do going forward?
Page 1
    • toniq
    • By toniq 16th Sep 16, 4:03 PM
    • 27,290 Posts
    • 553,060 Thanks
    toniq
    • 16th Sep 16, 4:03 PM
    • 16th Sep 16, 4:03 PM
    Give it another week then send an email stating what should have been a really pleasant experience has turned very sour and embarrassing at having to continually chase them.

To save yourself from any further upset or embarrassment you will ask the ASA to intervene if this is not dealt with within 7 working days.

Good luck x
    HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY!

• hop3y
    • By hop3y 16th Sep 16, 4:04 PM
    • 431 Posts
    • 1,118 Thanks
    hop3y
    • 16th Sep 16, 4:04 PM
    • 16th Sep 16, 4:04 PM
    Give it another week then send an email stating what should have been a really pleasant experience has turned very sour and embarrassing at having to continually chase them.

To save yourself from any further upset or embarrassment you will ask the ASA to intervene if this is not dealt with within 7 working days.

Good luck x
    Originally posted by toniq
    Thanks for that - it's all being dealt with via Twitter. The company is an electrical wholesaler running the competition on behalf of a massive electronics company. Actually tempted to contact the company myself.
    • toniq
    • By toniq 16th Sep 16, 4:11 PM
    • 27,290 Posts
    • 553,060 Thanks
    toniq
    • 16th Sep 16, 4:11 PM
    • 16th Sep 16, 4:11 PM
    On twitter if you send them a tweet and maybe get the odd friend to comment at how appalling it is that often does the trick, but they need to say it nicely and not in a way to annoy the company.

Every time a friend comments on the post it draws the companies attention to it, make sure you include the @massiveelectroniccompany.

If you need someone to do that dm me on twitter @meisafairy

x
    HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY!

• hop3y
    • By hop3y 16th Sep 16, 4:16 PM
    • 431 Posts
    • 1,118 Thanks
    hop3y
    • 16th Sep 16, 4:16 PM
    • 16th Sep 16, 4:16 PM
    I'll wait for a bit but will let you know if I need to!
    • perfect10
    • By perfect10 18th Sep 16, 6:18 PM
    • 279 Posts
    • 254 Thanks
    perfect10
    • 18th Sep 16, 6:18 PM
    • 18th Sep 16, 6:18 PM
    That is a substantial amount, I have won some tickets to a show for next Saturday I emailed my address in August but still not received them, I have emailed but no response, it is in London and I have my train tickets booked so not impressed but not as much to lose out on!
    Wins 2015:- Ice cream maker, Geordie Shore DVD, Lord of the Dance tickets, Thriller tickets, 4 x books from Goodreads, Flower craft kit, Hotwheels play set, Barry M Make-up, Handbag, travel mug.
    • hop3y
    • By hop3y 19th Sep 16, 3:30 PM
    • 431 Posts
    • 1,118 Thanks
    hop3y
    • 19th Sep 16, 3:30 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 3:30 PM
    Got a phone call - they are delivering on Wednesday. Thanks for your help!
    • perfect10
    • By perfect10 22nd Sep 16, 8:17 AM
    • 279 Posts
    • 254 Thanks
    perfect10
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:17 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:17 AM
    That's great, my tickets have still not arrived, I have had an email saying they will be delivered this week but its Thursday already and no sign, if they don't arrive today then it's too late as I travel to London first thing Friday!! Really annoyed as I will now have to buy tickets which will be more expensive as I have to buy them on the door and can't take advantage of the online offers!
    Wins 2015:- Ice cream maker, Geordie Shore DVD, Lord of the Dance tickets, Thriller tickets, 4 x books from Goodreads, Flower craft kit, Hotwheels play set, Barry M Make-up, Handbag, travel mug.
    • StokieBecks
    • By StokieBecks 22nd Sep 16, 9:42 AM
    • 4,167 Posts
    • 24,267 Thanks
    StokieBecks
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:42 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:42 AM
    Perfect is it worth ringing the theatre to see if they know anything about it? They may have a list of names of winners for ticket allocation?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,285Posts Today

8,510Users online

Martin's Twitter